Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if moyes were to stay,

could he not just bring in a continental asst manager for different tactical ideas, like sir alex did with Carlos Queiroz

Just on solkjaer he is really highly rated, obviously he tired down villa and was Sunderlands back up when they went for oneill and has recently told another club he didn't want to be considered . Regardless of that though I'm far from convinced we'd go continental I really think we'd be looking at somebody 'safe' , up and coming maybe but safe namely with English experience , martinez fitting the bill .Obviously only the board really knows though

Thats disappointing but I guess it doesn't rule out Solskjaer. Btw mate, I've always wondered, do owners/chairmen use their own judgement to decide on managers or do they have like advisors in the way that Moyes has scouts to decide?

So it is Bilic (who has taken his team to the dizzy heights of 9th in Russia behind the might of Terek Grozny and Kuban Krasnudor)
Roberto Di Matteo (who got Chelsea fewer points than Everton in his year in charge)
Neil Lennon (who has managed to lose cup finals to Kilmarnock, and get knocked out by St Mirren, Hearts etc)
Roberto Martinez (who if he were called Robert Martin would be nowhere near as highly rated)

Enough to make the heart go wo-oh-oh-oh

Thats disappointing but I guess it doesn't rule out Solskjaer. Btw mate, I've always wondered, do owners/chairmen use their own judgement to decide on managers or do they have like advisors in the way that Moyes has scouts to decide?

I'm far from an expert mate but I think it depends on the owner really , they tend to be the kind of blokes who buy into their own abilities so often they'll go there own way. For example Steve Morgan gave the job to Saunders because they knew each other socially and he was impressed with his 'company' whereas SEM/Kentaro had brought in the Venkys so were considered instrumental in bringing in kean before the owners have now gone a bit off message.

The most common way will be kenwright speaking to moyes and probably to the likes of whelan and other old school chairmen he's close to also his mate green is pretty close to at least one agent.

So after a long meandering and probably not very helpful post basically most clubs will do it informally rather than appointing anyone , most of the clubs that use advisors already have them in place in a consultancy role.

Last edited:
Someone like Solskjaer wouldn't be the worst in the world. He seems to have a bit of steal about him for some reason. Likewise Billic (I think) and the right wing nut job Di Canio.

Still not into my top 3 for the hot seat though:

1. Lennon
2. Duncan
3. Sheedy

I'm far from an expert mate but I think it depends on the owner really , they tend to be the kind of blokes who buy into their own abilities so often they'll go there own way. For example Steve Morgan gave the job to Saunders because they knew each other socially and he was impressed with his 'company' whereas SEM/Kentaro had brought in the Venkys so were considered instrumental in bringing in kean before the owners have now gone a bit off message.

The most common way will be kenwright speaking to moyes and probably to the likes of whelan and other old school chairmen he's close to also his mate green is pretty close to at least one agent.

So after a long meandering and probably not very helpful post basically most clubs will do it informally rather than appointing anyone , most of the clubs that use advisors already have tem in place in a consultancy role.

Cheers for that. Appreciate your input mate.

Edit- just read that back, it came across as if I was being sarcastic, I wasn't.

Someone like Solskjaer wouldn't be the worst in the world. He seems to have a bit of steal about him for some reason. Likewise Billic (I think) and the right wing nut job Di Canio.

Still not into my top 3 for the hot seat though:

1. Lennon
2. Duncan
3. Sheedy

I wouldn't want Dunc or Sheedy to get it in case they ruined their legacy with the club.

Didn't Quirez tell SAF to buy Bebe for 7m?

fair call, he isn't available anyway, he is the iran manager

i was more so meaning just someone with a different tactical view, because afterall moyes is great at seeing potential in players and in the transfer market. But he is rather ****e at the tactical side of management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back