Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I'm well aware of being linked with him as a player.....

Dickov IN
Paul-Dickov-008.jpg

I'd be disappointed if Everton approached Adkins. The club gets talked down by the current manager enough as it is - I can't imagine what it'd be like with a Red****e in charge.

In answer to those whom would write Lennon off on account of he has "only" managed in Scotland.

Three words.

Sir Alex Ferguson.

(not saying I want him s manager, mind, just saying there is a precedent for managers coming down from Scotland and winning the odd trophy or twenty)

There must be loads of good youngish managers in Europe whom could do a job for us.

Look at that bloke Saints found in Spain.....he looks to have quite a good notion.

In answer to those whom would write Lennon off on account of he has "only" managed in Scotland.

Three words.

Sir Alex Ferguson.

(not saying I want him s manager, mind, just saying there is a precedent for managers coming down from Scotland and winning the odd trophy or twenty)

Ferguson's cv in scotland was incredibly impressive, though. I mean he really stood out up there.

Ferguson's cv in scotland was incredibly impressive, though. I mean he really stood out up there.

I daresay.

But I remember the same argument being rehearsed by United fans at the time.....they didn't fancy a bloke from Scotland coming down.

I like Lennon.

The guy really toughed it out when he was getting bullets and bombs through the post and wasn't intimidated.

He wouldn't bottle it in the big games if he was here with us, you can bet on that.

I daresay.

But I remember the same argument being rehearsed by United fans at the time.....they didn't fancy a bloke from Scotland coming down.

I like Lennon.

The guy really toughed it out when he was getting bullets and bombs through the post and wasn't intimidated.

He wouldn't bottle it in the big games if he was here with us, you can bet on that.

There's worse options than lennon. He's untested in a big league but most of our options will be. Very defensive, mind.

The fergie comparison is cheeky as hell though, even ignoring the fact ferguson won those trophies with a realtively small team and lennon won them with the only big team left in scotland. The moment lennon beats real madrid and bayern munich to win a european trophy with a scottish side, I'll be happy to have him.

There's worse options than lennon. He's untested in a big league but most of our options will be. Very defensive, mind.

The fergie comparison is cheeky as hell though, even ignoring the fact ferguson won those trophies with a realtively small team and lennon won them with the only big team left in scotland. The moment lennon beats real madrid and bayern munich to win a european trophy with a scottish side, I'll be happy to have him.

Fair points

I actually don't mind us being more defensive so long as we are picking up the 3 points. After some of the defensive displays I've seen this year, I could do with a season where we win every game 1-0 to be honest

Yup. He's going away to the U21 Championships this summer to improve his CV, too. When he hands in his application to Kenwright that'll be it.

To be honest, up until lately I would have been in favour of Neville being groomed as manager of the club in succession to Moyes.

But his comments in this past few weeks about what our expectations should be have put me right off him.

I want a manager whom will aspire to reach the stars at Goodison.....not one whom thinks we are doing well to finish 10th.

My wish for Gus Poyet seems to be up as it's thought he's in for the Reading job,awful shame that as I reckon he'd be ideal as a replacement

Looks like you might still have your wish as it seems poyet has turned it down, they can't give the job away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back