Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
None, really. Got s****horpe promtoed, relgated then promoted again and kept them up the second time which was a big achievement. Got southampton promoted twice in a row. Won two leagues with bangor.

Like I said he hasn't he impressed me too much but there's very little in his cv you can point out as actual failiure. He's just largely untested at a decent level.

It's a risk but not one that couldn't be rewarded. I think we can do better but I might be wrong.

All fair points. He is largely unproven. That being said, Moyes hadn't managed in the Prem when he took over here so you never know. If the risk paid off, it could be a really good thing for the club as he'd grow into the role.

We have quite a conservative board though so they might prefer to go with a more tested and experienced manager. When one long term manager leaves, it might be a better idea to get an experienced hand in to steady the ship

All fair points. He is largely unproven. That being said, Moyes hadn't managed in the Prem when he took over here so you never know. If the risk paid off, it could be a really good thing for the club as he'd grow into the role.

We have quite a conservative board though so they might prefer to go with a more tested and experienced manager. When one long term manager leaves, it might be a better idea to get an experienced hand in to steady the ship

Somewhere in this thread I describe the exact reasons why Nigel Adkins is a horrible tit.

I think it's brilliant how S****horpe gets censored.

I'd like di Matteo, would prefer Moyes, but apparently he wasn't liked at previous clubs so maybe not.

Honest question, why do you think he's be good for us mate?
do I go on about him too much !!!.
I'm all for managers learning their trade at the lower levels,it allows them to network and build up relationships with other clubs.I want a manager who has some kind of knowledge on how a club works,how to deal with players,and preferably one who was a good player who his squad would look up to.
Think Poyet has done his time as an assistant manager ,fairly sure he was part of the Leeds backroom squad that got promotion,and now his record at brighton stands up well,with them competing for a play off spot at the moment.
not seen too much of them,but what little I get to see they are a hard working competative side ,

just think he could be right for Everton,able to build a team without spending a fortune ,think he could create a team with a little bit more flair then Davie Moyes has,(though tbf this is a good Everton side) .just of the potential replacements don't think he would do a bad job for us.
tin hat on !

I never got that feeling from seeing him on TV but I don't live in the city so I am quite removed from the situation. As you usually don't bare grudges unless there's a reason, I'll take your word for it

Well funny you mention that as the interviews are part of his problem.

He went out of his way to be difficult with interviewers, including junior reporters and made him sound like a bell. I'd never noticed it until Le Tiss actually pointed it out, and then I noticed it everytime.

Despite your feelings for him as a person, do you rate his management abilities at all?

Hmmm not really.

Bought Ramirez for stupid money. Played him out of position for ages (part of the reason for his sacking I understand).
Treated Billy Sharp like sh*t despite the massive factor his goals had at the end of last season.
Fell out with his chairman, although some of the reasons I could understand.

I will admit he had Saints playing attractive football. But Holloway had Blackpool doing the same.

Hmmm not really.

Bought Ramirez for stupid money. Played him out of position for ages (part of the reason for his sacking I understand).
Treated Billy Sharp like sh*t despite the massive factor his goals had at the end of last season.
Fell out with his chairman, although some of the reasons I could understand.

I will admit he had Saints playing attractive football. But Holloway had Blackpool doing the same.

Just watched the interview below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRjIqteomV4

He DOES come across as a bit of a [Poor language removed] there actually.

I think his greatest attribute is getting players to work hard for him. I think the locker room were behind him and were fighting hard for him prior to his sacking. That is an important quality to have as a Prem manager. I can see where you are coming from though

just think what kind of manager our board digs....

...ok have you done your thinking...

suprise suprise it is

Martinez_1464698a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back