Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is absolutely nobody else who springs to mind other than Martinez. No doubt there is someone else. I don't see the board going for someone already in the spotlight to be honest.

I just don't get the Neil Lennon hate. I don't. He was up against a Rangers that was illegally spending buckets of money and he still ran them close. He has a win over Barcelona for pete's sake. Think of Pete. PETE!!!

Rangers were spending buckets long before Lennon was manager, they started selling in January 2009.

There is absolutely nobody else who springs to mind other than Martinez. No doubt there is someone else. I don't see the board going for someone already in the spotlight to be honest.

i think board wouldnt take that risk again (take manager from lower leagues)

At least one person agrees with me

I do as well mate.

Has to be someone with some managerial experience. He's proved himself tactically astute and to have motivational skills. Having been a player in the PL also helps. We could do lot worse.

There is no point in giving it to someone who has been a famous player at the club based on that alone. They would get found out fairly quickly by the rest of the PL managers. Stan Staunton getting the Ireland job springs to mind - disaster.

Last edited:
*Shakes fist* Yeah!

Though I don't think it's a coincidence that this is the best a scottish club has done in years. If there's no real competition back home, you can save resources and energy for the european games in a way the big boys involved in big title fights can't.

Still, Lennon has done well on picking up good players for little money, which is what we need. Can think of worst choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back