Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes sacked by United

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would he need to though? his capabilities (or lack of) were there for all to see

He clearly didn't have the skill set for the job, but because he was from a similar background SAF could somehow relate to him. All you need to do then is throw in a few references to your past that SAF shares which you know full well about having read his books, and suddenly all your work is looked upon much more favourably than perhaps it deserves to be, and your limitations can be worked on. SAF knew he had a good coaching staff anyway, so he advises Moyes to keep them and gives him the chance. All my opinion obviously.

Didn't the club's value plummet though and they've taken a big hit in revenue because of the lack of Champions League football. Now because they've fallen so far they've had to go down the Galactico route and spend a fortune on big names to and enhance their brand again. Bit of a risky strategy if that's what they did. I think Moyes had blagged SAF big time over what he could do etc. and the United board felt they may be able to maintain what they had on the cheap. After all, the side that won the Premiership would easily finish top 4 next season right?

All true, I reckon the price would have fallen anyway. They could have given him a long deal to reassure the markets. Ferguson must have known that that bunch of players were on their last legs. If Moyes does well, great, if not, it will take the preassure off who ever replaces him. Who knows... I personally think Moyes had his head turned by United for years before the move, He and Neville had only one thing on their mind, drove me mad! Never minded united till they seemed to infiltrate our club. Little or no time for them now.

King Louis who guided united expertly to a draw at Burnley, a narrow loss to Swansea and a plucky effort at the mighty MK Dons?

Rome wasn't built in day my friend ;)

o-LOUIS-VAN-GAAL-570.jpg

Couldn't find any photos of Dave with a trophy although I did find this:

BF1ZclzCUAA5XDQ.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back