Moyes to sign new 3yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm pleased he's staying. I understand why some on here aren't which is fair enough, and they present some good and fair points. I feel though, that with jelavic and pienaar (fingers crossed) from the start of the season, with a player or two in addition, may see us in to Europe again and get us back on track. A long haul to get there I know, but that's just my view.

I'm pleased he's staying. I understand why some on here aren't which is fair enough, and they present some good and fair points. I feel though, that with jelavic and pienaar (fingers crossed) from the start of the season, with a player or two in addition, may see us in to Europe again and get us back on track. A long haul to get there I know, but that's just my view.

Basically this.

We should jib all the name calling, both sides like. The fan base is divided enough thanks to the board, we don't need the manager to cause battle lines to drawn too.

I can see both sides - boss fence sitter me - but at the moment the bigger problem is the board than the manager. With what he's got he's getting us to a reasonably placed finish so he can work well with what he's got. What we have to be careful with is to not be conditioned as some sort of boss Charlton Athletic circa 2003, we're Everton like.

Before jibbing him I'd like to see him given some money. I hate it but that's what the game is now, success is more or less directly attributable to how much resources you've got. He's been hampered but equally well compensated by the board he works for. If we went then the board are left direct in the line of fire and they well know that, hence why they'll pay him the big bucks until someone comes along who matches their valuation. He's the best firewall money can buy for them.

I was getting really pissed off last season with the dour football served up but January came and he was allowed some money to buy new players and it transformed our season. A decent striker and some expansive football. There weren't many teams who deserved to take any points off us with the huge exception of the sh*te. The mid week league game sh*t house team selection made me fume at him like never before like.

Would we better served if he left? We won't know until it happens but it's doubtful under the current board plus you have to factor in the board actually choosing someone who would work as effectively under the same conditions. I doubt they could get that lucky picking another manager as they did when Moyes came in and the condition we were in.

This season will be revealing for manager and board. All this angst on here would be well directed at the ownership of the club as they're the biggest obstacle against us achieving again. Once they're out of the way then Moyes will also be judged if afforded even minimal funds.

All yer mars.

We should jib all the name calling, both sides like. The fan base is divided enough thanks to the board, we don't need the manager to cause battle lines to drawn too.

I can see both sides - boss fence sitter me - but at the moment the bigger problem is the board than the manager. With what he's got he's getting us to a reasonably placed finish so he can work well with what he's got. What we have to be careful with is to not be conditioned as some sort of boss Charlton Athletic circa 2003, we're Everton like.

Before jibbing him I'd like to see him given some money. I hate it but that's what the game is now, success is more or less directly attributable to how much resources you've got. He's been hampered but equally well compensated by the board he works for. If we went then the board are left direct in the line of fire and they well know that, hence why they'll pay him the big bucks until someone comes along who matches their valuation. He's the best firewall money can buy for them.

I was getting really pissed off last season with the dour football served up but January came and he was allowed some money to buy new players and it transformed our season. A decent striker and some expansive football. There weren't many teams who deserved to take any points off us with the huge exception of the sh*te. The mid week league game sh*t house team selection made me fume at him like never before like.

Would we better served if he left? We won't know until it happens but it's doubtful under the current board plus you have to factor in the board actually choosing someone who would work as effectively under the same conditions. I doubt they could get that lucky picking another manager as they did when Moyes came in and the condition we were in.

This season will be revealing for manager and board. All this angst on here would be well directed at the ownership of the club as they're the biggest obstacle against us achieving again. Once they're out of the way then Moyes will also be judged if afforded even minimal funds.

All yer mars.

This with poached egg on toast.

It just means 3 years of the same negative **** . He's never going to change. Our football will be boring and predictable. I for one have seen enough...

It just means 3 years of the same negative **** . He's never going to change. Our football will be boring and predictable. I for one have seen enough...
Fair enough, but I reckon we've got a bit more attacking potential now. I'm not saying we're gonna see 'total football' overnight, but maybe it's more than a step or two in the right direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back