Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon before the Sunderland board panic, and sack him?

He will eventually end up back at Preston NE.

In his first press conference, he will tell the club-fans to 'be realistic' and expect a relegation battle, and then bring in Victor Anichebe on loan.
He'll be gone before the end of the season no question.

Yes, but that was because he was desperately out of his league, not because he was intentionally trying to lose games and put on poor performances

For better or worse, he thought his philosophy would work and bring us success

As I've said before on here, I don't hate Roberto Martinez for failing, I thank him for trying

It didn't work out, but I am convinced he was trying his absolute best to succeed at all times

He had to go, there's no doubting that, but I bare him no personal ill will. Good luck to him and to Moyes also
Moyes did well for us in the first 6 or so years and it would be revisionist for anyone of us to suggest otherwise. He gave us some self respect back but ultimately tried to take that from us with his comments re Baines and Felli. He should have remembered that as much as he stabilised us, Everton paid him well and gave him the platform that his career needed at that time. I don't actively dislike the man or anything like that but I do hope the footballing Gods continue to deliver his career slide to help him appreciate the better days in his footballing past.

Re Martinez, out of his depth undoubtedly but I feel he actually did get the club. He represented us well and you got a sense that he was proud of his position. I can't wish him ill will as it wasn't his fault he was appointed to a job that he wasn't adequately equipped to fulfill.

Everton really couldn't have appointed 2 more polar opposites that they did with these 2 managers. Early days indeed, but Koeman appears to be the middle ground of defensive solidity with attacking flair.

That's fair enough, I'm more criticising the people who feel the need to give him loads of stick. I don't think he showed us that little respect if I'm honest though. He went to Utd to do a job far to big for him and said some stupid things he obviously regrets. All I'm saying is that if it was a choice between Moyes and El Fraudo (and the thought of such a choice sends a shiver down my spine!) it wouldn't even be a contest as far as I'm concerned.
Why do you feel that he obviously regrets saying those stupid things about us? If he has said something to suggest this then I have missed it.

Ye because your beloved never came out with verbal diarrhea at all did he?! Lol, give me a break. Martinez couldn't open his mouth without embarrassing himself and the club.

Coming out with outrageous tripe like he had the PL trophy within the grasp of his Everton team demonstrates how much the divvy has lost it.

Both of the above are more or less equally true, hence the whole Moyes Vs Martinez thing that vexed more than a few

It'll always be a divisive issue,but for me saving us from what was a virtual certain relegation, at the time when our financial position would have likely led to seasons in the lower division will always get him a pass.Hope he can get them just above the relegation positions so that we have another easy six points next season too.

He's undoubtedly right though. How else can you explain the endless stream of managerial changes going on with them? It's a circus at Sunderland and has been for year's. The board obviously have something to do with it.

Whilst that is undoubtedly true, Mr. Moyes would have known that before he applied for the job.

Sounds to me like Wee Davey is putting this on record so that when the inevitable happens his excuses are already in place :)

Whilst that is undoubtedly true, Mr. Moyes would have known that before he applied for the job.

Sounds to me like Wee Davey is putting this on record so that when the inevitable happens his excuses are already in place :)
Your probably right, but it doesn't make what he said any less true. Maybe he hoped he could make the Sunderland board be sensible for once and that if given time he would be able to do for Sunderland what he once did for us? Wishful thinking on his part that, as nobody would extend him the time and patience we gave him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back