Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't know how anyone can blame Moyes for what's going on at Sunderland. He might be playing a part in it but I'd like to know just what we're people expecting? They've been beyond garbage for years now, they have little purple patches towards the end of every season which generally prove enough to keep them up. How exactly was Moyes supposed to turn around nearly ten years of mismanagement after a single transfer window and five games? No decent manager would touch them with a s##ty stick anymore precisely because of these type of knee-jerk reactions. Lets say Sunderland sack him, who do they go for then? Name a manager at their level who HASN'T been Sunderland manager in recent years? At some point their going to have to pick a manager and stick with him, because this cycle of sacking and staying up via great escapes is all down to luck and it will run out eventually.

I don't know how anyone can blame Moyes for what's going on at Sunderland. He might be playing a part in it but I'd like to know just what we're people expecting? They've been beyond garbage for years now, they have little purple patches towards the end of every season which generally prove enough to keep them up. How exactly was Moyes supposed to turn around nearly ten years of mismanagement after a single transfer window and five games? No decent manager would touch them with a s##ty stick anymore precisely because of these type of knee-jerk reactions. Lets say Sunderland sack him, who do they go for then? Name a manager at their level who HASN'T been Sunderland manager in recent years? At some point their going to have to pick a manager and stick with him, because this cycle of sacking and staying up via great escapes is all down to luck and it will run out eventually.
I do agree that the club has been badly mismanaged but mainly by the choice of manager and not by backing given to the manager in the way of transfer funds, they have in fact spent a lot more money than we have during the premiership years but we have been lucky enough to get the best out of a very limited manager(Moyes) which kept us on a even keel while other clubs were yo-yo ing to the championship.
I was glad to see the back of Moyes when he left us but have no axe to grind with him now and find myself feeling a bit sorry him and especially Paul Bracewell sitting along side him.Brace is starting to look like a confused meth sitting on a park bench watching the world go by.
They do need to find a manager and stick with him but Moysie isnt the man he reminds me of a boxer who has had his shot at the world title and been knocked out in the first round, he wont be making a comeback now.
I would be looking at a younger up and coming manager maybe Gary Rowett from Birmingham.

I do agree that the club has been badly mismanaged but mainly by the choice of manager and not by backing given to the manager in the way of transfer funds, they have in fact spent a lot more money than we have during the premiership years but we have been lucky enough to get the best out of a very limited manager(Moyes) which kept us on a even keel while other clubs were yo-yo ing to the championship.
I was glad to see the back of Moyes when he left us but have no axe to grind with him now and find myself feeling a bit sorry him and especially Paul Bracewell sitting along side him.Brace is starting to look like a confused meth sitting on a park bench watching the world go by.
They do need to find a manager and stick with him but Moysie isnt the man he reminds me of a boxer who has had his shot at the world title and been knocked out in the first round, he wont be making a comeback now.
I would be looking at a younger up and coming manager maybe Gary Rowett from Birmingham.
I agree with a lot of what you've put here mate, your quite right that Sunderland's mismanagement hasn't really been a financial one as they've had plenty of cash to spend. I wouldn't however write Moyes off so quickly and I certainly wouldn't chose somebody unproven at Premier League level management like Gary Rowett over Moyes. If they got relegated Rowett would be a better choice then but would he even want to take a risk at Sunderland with their ridiculous hire and fire policy. It's not really helpful to a young manager's career to take a job that will almost certainly end in him getting the sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back