Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how far his stock has fallen since leaving us and his career lurches from one car crash to another.
I would, frankly, like to see him turn it around at Sunderland for their club's sake more than anything else, but can't really see it happening. He instills into his players an inferiority complex mentality that turns them into negative pessimists who are more afraid of making mistakes than playing good football. There are good times to invoke the underdog spirit, but that is not 2 matches into the season.

But 3 go down. They look awful.

Yes, but they always do look like that at the start of every season and their problems (Djiobodji for instance) are fixable; they could easily have got something from today had Stevie P not missed that sitter, could have got something vs City but for a mistake, and were unlucky not to win against Southampton.

Moyes has made no impression on Sunderland whatsoever. I would have thought Sunderland would have expected some sort of bounce. Can't see them sacking him just yet as I don't see who else could do better. If Pulis parts company with West Brom or Bilic gets the road from West Ham Moyes may start to feel uneasy.

I don't know how anyone can blame Moyes for what's going on at Sunderland. He might be playing a part in it but I'd like to know just what we're people expecting? They've been beyond garbage for years now, they have little purple patches towards the end of every season which generally prove enough to keep them up. How exactly was Moyes supposed to turn around nearly ten years of mismanagement after a single transfer window and five games? No decent manager would touch them with a s##ty stick anymore precisely because of these type of knee-jerk reactions. Lets say Sunderland sack him, who do they go for then? Name a manager at their level who HASN'T been Sunderland manager in recent years? At some point their going to have to pick a manager and stick with him, because this cycle of sacking and staying up via great escapes is all down to luck and it will run out eventually.
And that's why he won't be the first manager sacked.

That post has nothing to do with why he won't be the first manager sacked, as anyone who watched Palace 4 Stoke 0 could tell you.
"Lets say Sunderland sack him, who do they go for then? Name a manager at their level who HASN'T been Sunderland manager in recent years? At some point their going to have to pick a manager and stick with him"

That's the reason he won't be sacked first.

Hughes won't be sacked either. He has changed Stoke's style of play while getting their two best league finishes and attracted a very good squad plus they started slowly last season so the owners will know it will turn around. Once he gets Bony firing they will be fine.

However if they go out of the cup and lose to West Brom then I will probably change my mind.

We're five games in. It's a bit too early to be able to judge who is going to get sacked but I think Bilic will be the first to go. I just have a feeling he won't be able to handle it when things start going wrong and will have a huge falling out with the players. The man looks a bit of a nutter.

Still think he will get it right soon, apart from against us last Monday, Sunderland have been close this season, Spurs didnt exactly blow them away, neither did City or Southampton. Stoke on the other hand are a total disaster.

I think moyes might get sack first mate.

Maybe, Hughes has a better win % then they have had for a long time so he might have bought himself some time, affer the backing of sorts Moyes has had recently they cant be dumb enough to pull the trigger too soon.
West Ham are a real mess thou, Bilic might even walk away or get the sack before either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back