Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not going to get them relegated, i'm sure of that.
Starting the season terribly is normal to him.

They'll finish 15-17th and he'll stay for another season.

That's fair enough, I'm more criticising the people who feel the need to give him loads of stick. I don't think he showed us that little respect if I'm honest though. He went to Utd to do a job far to big for him and said some stupid things he obviously regrets. All I'm saying is that if it was a choice between Moyes and El Fraudo (and the thought of such a choice sends a shiver down my spine!) it wouldn't even be a contest as far as I'm concerned.

Good call that, yeah Moyes I was glad he was gone, but Martinez was one of the worse things to happen to Everton in living memory. Moyes did have it hard at times, real hard with a shocking squad, from day one the fraud had no money worries and no pressure, which he turned into a nightmare for sore eyes.

We can move on now, no need to wish Moyes well but no real need to give him stick either.

That aside im convinced he will keep them up, not looking good so far going by the points tally, but he will make them hard to beat, City got a bit of luck and had to work hard, just like we did, Southampton got super lucky. He has a better chance of keeping them up then we would have this season with Martinez, put it that way.

He's unbelievably crap.

He's confirmed again what an utter dullard he is at yet another club. A dinosaur.
Lol, Ye but El Fraudo was cutting edge wasn't he?! That's why Moyes only had us finish outside the top ten twice in 11 full seasons. Something your beloved managed to accomplish two seasons on the bounce, with a much worse home record then Moyes ever managed. If Moyes is a dinosaur then at least he had a moment in his career when he was relevant and thought highly of, rather then one fluked cup run and a single good season. Unlike a certain snake oil salesmen who used a team the previously mentioned dinosaur built BTW. I reckon half the reason you even now continue this blind devotion to the fraud is down to this completely irrational hatred of Moyes.

Last edited:

Here we go again.....a few good results and some of us are worried about Ronald going to Barcelona :cool:

It was that kind of thinking which led to Bobby getting the five year contract which resulted in the ten million quid pay out.

Let Ronald achieve something here first before worrying about him taking the Moyes trail to a "bigger club" :blush:

Worried I'm not, seen every manager come and go and at no point have I suggested a five year contract for anyone, it was stupidity itself giving anyone that length of contract....so will you read what I have said and let me have a proper reply as to why you still want to see Moyes squirm without coming up with such a pretentious piece of invention

He's unbelievably crap.

He's confirmed again what an utter dullard he is at yet another club. A dinosaur.

a guy of your age showing a beloved former manager of our club such disrespect especially when his record stands well above that of his pathetic successor...................what was his name EP

I'll be honest, I like Sunderland fans, they all seem pretty sound

But it's about time they went down, they are poor season in season out, they don't offer much to the league on the whole

Dave K rubbishing Moyes again. He is way better than the Clown. He built a couple of decent Everton teams where as Soft Bobby completely wrecked a team. Look at Bainesy's comments after the match on Monday. Bobby has never produced a side that can stop leaking goals in all his time as a manager. If I kept on making the same mistakes in my job then I would be facing performance improvement action. One stubborn man who in the end produced the most gutless side in my 40 Years. He managed to demoralise a whole fan base.
Don't hit back with the 72 points. It is not about points but where you finish. I would rather win the league with 80 than finish second the following year on 82. Moyes built us up when we were down and Bobby destroyed what he had.

I'll be honest, I like Sunderland fans, they all seem pretty sound

But it's about time they went down, they are poor season in season out, they don't offer much to the league on the whole
Some said the same about us back in the 90's. I'd like them to stay up and see more southern sides relegated personally. They're a good working class club with decent fans who still show up regardless of how crap their side is. Better them then yet another London side.

Worried I'm not, seen every manager come and go and at no point have I suggested a five year contract for anyone, it was stupidity itself giving anyone that length of contract....so will you read what I have said and let me have a proper reply as to why you still want to see Moyes squirm without coming up with such a pretentious piece of invention

There was a bloke on talkSPORT yesterday....an Evertonian calling into Adrian Durham.

He was fretting about the same thing.

Only he was worried about Arsenal ditching Arsene and coming in for Ronald :blush:

This is exactly what we were having to deal with in the spring of '14 when people started worrying about first Arsenal and then Barcelona coming in for Bobby.

No doubt a successful Ronald will be in demand.....but first let him achieve success here before getting nervous about where he will be next year.

Some said the same about us back in the 90's. I'd like them to stay up and see more southern sides relegated personally. They're a good working class club with decent fans who still show up regardless of how crap their side is. Better them then yet another London side.
Fair point that mate actually, if they did go down I'm sure they'd get replaced by someone like Brighton or yet another London club which is a nightmare to get to for an away

Lol, Ye but El Fraudo was cutting edge wasn't he?! That's why Moyes only had us finish outside the top ten twice in 11 full seasons. Something your beloved managed to accomplish two seasons on the bounce, with a much worse home record then Moyes ever managed. If Moyes is a dinosaur then at least he had a moment in his career when he was relevant and thought highly of, rather then one fluked cup run and a single good season. Unlike a certain snake oil salesmen who used a team the previously mentioned dinosaur built BTW. I reckon half the reason you even now continue this blind devotion to the fraud is down to this completely irrational hatred of Moyes.
He was here 11 seasons: won sweet f.a. and never got us higher than 65 points in a season (whilst recording, btw, the WORST points total in a single season for the past 45 YEARS)....then he tells everyone two days ago he was within touching distance of the league title at Everton!!!!....even 3 years after leaving Everton he embarrasses the club.

A complete joke of a manager. Mark my words, he's heading for Preston North End again soon...in reality he should never have left there - he's their level. he should have been to PNE what Dario Gradi was to Crewe: a long serving, solid lower league manager.

Last edited:

Hahaha mate, you can't have only just clicked on to this surely? That is the whole reason, it always has been and always will be too. Any manager that came in straight after Moyes would have had exactly the same blind loyalty from Dave. At that point it really was an "anyone but Moyes" policy from him. His hatred of him is bizarre, Moyes is just an irrelevance to most of us now. As dour as he was, he wasn't dragging us down towards oblivion slowly but surely like the other utter no-mark, while refusing to change his horribly pretentious "philosophy". He deserves more bile and venom than Moyes for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back