Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better manager in what sense?

Well, I'm a traditionalist in the sort of metrics I use for this kind of thing. Moyes kept us consistently in the top half of the table on a shoestring budget, even breaking the top 4 monopoly, in 11 years of service. Martinez spent 3 seasons here, most of which were spent trying to avoid relegation scraps.

For the record, I really like Martinez and he was a massive breath of fresh air. But there's simply no comparison.

Well, I'm a traditionalist in the sort of metrics I use for this kind of thing. Moyes kept us consistently in the top half of the table on a shoestring budget, even breaking the top 4 monopoly, in 11 years of service. Martinez spent 3 seasons here, most of which were spent trying to avoid relegation scraps.

For the record, I really like Martinez and he was a massive breath of fresh air. But there's simply no comparison.
That's nonsense. If you think those two seasons were relegation scraps mate you mustn't have been around to witness real one's in the 90s.

That's nonsense. If you think those two seasons were relegation scraps mate you mustn't have been around to witness real one's in the 90s.

I said "avoiding relegation scraps". In that, he narrowly kept our noses out of the genuine potential to be relegated. That still wasn't good enough. Frankly, I lay most of the blame at the door of the players, but it wouldn't have happened under Moyes' watch regardless

Actually, Moyes' last season with us was the best football I've seen us play in my time supporting Everton

In the eye of the beholder, but we played about half a dozen decent football games in that season...and you know if he'd have stayed he'd have had those players back on the short leash as soon as they suffered a couple of back to back defeats.

he was a neanderthal manager. I place him in the same category as Alardyce, Pulis and Bruce.

In the eye of the beholder, but we played about half a dozen decent football games in that season...and you know if he'd have stayed he'd have had those players back on the short leash as soon as they suffered a couple of back to back defeats.

he was a neanderthal manager. I place him in the same category as Alardyce, Pulis and Bruce.

Is that the same Bruce that got wigan up to 11th before Martinez strolled in and got them relegated?

That Bruce?

1973.jpg

Illustration: David Squires for the Guardian

Are you kidding?

Lol.
It was clear what he meant Dave, for all the years since the Premier League's beginning we'd spent every season (except 95-96) in or around the relegation zone, Moyes stopped all the and established us as a best of the rest club. Obviously not were we'd like to be but a thousand times better then what we'd been for over a decade or were we are now thanks to your beloved.

Cant believe that any Evertonian would still be rooting for this Judas. He spat in our faces when he left. THAT is never forgotten or forgiven.

A no mark manager who killed one of the biggest teams in the world - then was sacked, went to Spain and stunk the place out - then was sacked, and now in a relegation dog fight - soon to be sacked.

don't sugar foot around Davo, rip into him

Cant believe that any Evertonian would still be rooting for this Judas. He spat in our faces when he left. THAT is never forgotten or forgiven.

A no mark manager who killed one of the biggest teams in the world - then was sacked, went to Spain and stunk the place out - then was sacked, and now in a relegation dog fight - soon to be sacked.

The ramblings of a man who has already written his own fairy tale.
It's amusing, I won't deny, but spectacularly bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back