Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant believe that any Evertonian would still be rooting for this Judas. He spat in our faces when he left. THAT is never forgotten or forgiven.

A no mark manager who killed one of the biggest teams in the world - then was sacked, went to Spain and stunk the place out - then was sacked, and now in a relegation dog fight - soon to be sacked.

My fondness for Sunderland outweighs any lingering disdain for Wee Davey, Dave.

They are a decent club with decent fans....I hope they stay up.

Actually, Moyes' last season with us was the best football I've seen us play in my time supporting Everton

You're right, we played some great stuff that season, the home win over Southampton and the away win over Swansea in particular were great games to watch from an aesthetic standpoint

It's a myth that the football was always bad under Moyes

Outside of a few impressive performances, things on the whole were no better under Martinez and we played some horrific stuff on occasion

I still have horrible memories of that away loss to Stoke in 14/15, where we looked every bit of a relegation contender

You're right, we played some great stuff that season, the home win over Southampton and the away win over Swansea in particular were great games to watch from an aesthetic standpoint

It's a myth that the football was always bad under Moyes

Outside of a few impressive performances, things on the whole were no better under Martinez and we played some horrific stuff on occasion

I still have horrible memories of that away loss to Stoke in 14/15, where we looked every bit of a relegation contender

07-08 was a much better side (Arteta, Cahill, Yak, Jags, Lescott, Yobo all in the primes of their careers). We'd have probably gotten 4th in Moyes's final season if Jela wasn't a 1/2 season wonder.

Moyes was ace for us.. I think he will turn Sunderland around too, tbf its an even bigger job than Everton's turnaround was.
It helped DM that he spent time in the lower divisions before coming to us, as he had experience of the better lower league players which is where our budget was aimed. Its to his credit that he was still pulling out Coleman's and Stones' years later and I am sure he will get a few for Sunderland too.

May be harder to attract players there, but I think they have given themselves as good a chance as they could by getting Moyes in.

Moyes was ace for us.. I think he will turn Sunderland around too, tbf its an even bigger job than Everton's turnaround was.
It helped DM that he spent time in the lower divisions before coming to us, as he had experience of the better lower league players which is where our budget was aimed. Its to his credit that he was still pulling out Coleman's and Stones' years later and I am sure he will get a few for Sunderland too.

May be harder to attract players there, but I think they have given themselves as good a chance as they could by getting Moyes in.
Moyes wasn't "ace" in any way shape or form.

Unless winning nothing in 11 years is acceptable then he did just fine.

Moyes is an fraud, a chancer. He is a Championship manager at best but still keeps getting the better jobs because he is British and good ol Davie.

He looks like a corpse they warm up and wheel onto the Sunderland pitch just for matchday now.

Moyes wasn't "ace" in any way shape or form.

Unless winning nothing in 11 years is acceptable then he did just fine.

Moyes is an fraud, a chancer. He is a Championship manager at best but still keeps getting the better jobs because he is British and good ol Davie.

He looks like a corpse they warm up and wheel onto the Sunderland pitch just for matchday now.

He did a better job that Rodgers did at your club Derek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back