Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never felt small time when he was there
When I was at goodison with less than 20,000 crowds I still never felt small time
Even the two relegation misses I felt embarrassed yes but never feeling small time

I felt small time, with Moyes claiming top 7 is like atrophy, an taking a knife to a gun fight etc.

Champaign for finishing 4th.

Small time behaviour.

Moyes started all the "go the game" "peoples club" soundbites which the club use to keep our actual footballing expectations down. That and his abysmal vs-top-four record are the only stain on his memory for me. If it wasn't for a certain Bald-soon-to-be-retiring-ref-from-Italy he might be talked about in better terms.
Nah the Peoples Club was to get our fans onside and at the same time wind up the Kopites. And it worked.

I felt small time, with Moyes claiming top 7 is like atrophy, an taking a knife to a gun fight etc.

Champaign for finishing 4th.

Small time behaviour.
Not necessarily the money generated from a 4th spot and possibly cl football is a great chance to propell the club to heady highs
always wondered how things might have turned out if we had a decent ref that night

Look how Arsenal and Wenger are laughed at for "4th is like a cup" comment.

They still celebrate it like one and this is a team who has pretty much always qualified for it. I've never got how fans can belittle what he achieved when we all celebrated it at the time. Didn't we?

They still celebrate it like one and this is a team who has pretty much always qualified for it. I've never got how fans can belittle what he achieved when we all celebrated it at the time. Didn't we?

I didn't, we had been beaten 7-0 by the team in 3rd!!!

Each to their own, but 4th is still 4th.

Look how Arsenal and Wenger are laughed at for "4th is like a cup" comment.

to be fair, for all those laughing at them, how many play top level football on a yearly basis and get to (now again) world class footballers pull on the shirt?
perhaps some of those fans laughing need to pipe down.

to be fair, for all those laughing at them, how many play top level football on a yearly basis and get to (now again) world class footballers pull on the shirt?
perhaps some of those fans laughing need to pipe down.

4th is 4th, its not a cup or success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back