Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moyes wasn't "ace" in any way shape or form.

Unless winning nothing in 11 years is acceptable then he did just fine.

Moyes is an fraud, a chancer. He is a Championship manager at best but still keeps getting the better jobs because he is British and good ol Davie.

He looks like a corpse they warm up and wheel onto the Sunderland pitch just for matchday now.
What he did was give us pride in our club at the time
You seen his face at the cl qualifier the pride was shining through ,at that time
He was sneaky when he left , nobody will disagree.
In fact the whole moyes things a bit like an amicable divorce until your ex sleeps/ wedds your brother/sister/friend/etc

What he did was give us pride in our club at the time
You seen his face at the cl qualifier the pride was shining through ,at that time
He was sneaky when he left , nobody will disagree.
In fact the whole moyes things a bit like an amicable divorce until your ex sleeps/ wedds your brother/sister/friend/etc

He made us look and seem more small time than we have ever been before.

Football wise, he did a very good job at stabilising us.

Moyes wasn't "ace" in any way shape or form.

Unless winning nothing in 11 years is acceptable then he did just fine.

Moyes is an fraud, a chancer. He is a Championship manager at best but still keeps getting the better jobs because he is British and good ol Davie.

He looks like a corpse they warm up and wheel onto the Sunderland pitch just for matchday now.

We were a shambolic mess when he took over, he left us a quality side worth many times the one he inherited, spending relative pennies to make it happen.

The guy did superbly when most would of wilted, never mattered how much money given to us for the transfer window, or how much those around spent, we would almost always finish fighting for Europe, several times succeeding in getting there and being the first to break the 'sky 4' and getting to a cup final. And when you consider that he took over a team that was nearly always aiming at not getting relegated.. then yeah he did ace.

In fact when Moyes was here 'lowering expectations', our expectations were higher than any time since the mid 90's.. This year I expect us to get around 10th as I suspect most do, with 8th - 6th being classed as a very good performance... under Moyes that was classed as 'meh' such was the raise in our level of football.
That under such a 'fraud' of a manager (whatever that means, pretty sure he is an actual manager with certificates and everything) we simply expected to do massively better than under someone like Koeman or Martinez who apparently raised our expectations.

Personally I like winning games, and under Moyes, we did that a lot more than we did for years before or after he was here.

Its about perspective I guess, through mine, I thought Moyes did really well, through yours he was a fraud deserving of being a championship manager, each to their own.

Moyes started all the "go the game" "peoples club" soundbites which the club use to keep our actual footballing expectations down. That and his abysmal vs-top-four record are the only stain on his memory for me. If it wasn't for a certain Bald-soon-to-be-retiring-ref-from-Italy he might be talked about in better terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back