Mr bates v the Post Office

Perverting the course of justice is the obvious charge. But I bet it never happens. Vennels and deBogard have the dirt on the higher ups in government
nah they know jack sht, small fry in the big scheme of government circles. They're gonna be the whipping boys for this. There was that horrible little investigator dude too, he'll get it. People like Cable and Balls arefar enough away from it that they'll slither away.

Last edited:
Criminal conspiracy. Perjury. Potential evidence tampering.

Edit: Also, there is an appeals panel for cases (see Andrew Malkinson) and the years they knew full well there was a problem and kept him locked up all the same.

There`s also the fact that the Post Office took back large sums of money from people, which had allegedly been stolen by them, when in fact it was the system that had giving false readings, with regards to the short falls.

If people in the PO knew this to be case and still took the money, there`s criminal offences there too.

There`s also the fact that the Post Office took back large sums of money from people, which had allegedly been stolen by them, when in fact it was the system that had giving false readings, with regards to the short falls.

If people in the PO knew this to be case and still took the money, there`s criminal offences there too.
It comes to something when the establishment using crown privilege end up on the fraud and criminal conspiracy side of the argument...

I agree with most of your sentiment there Reets, but the contract with Fujitsu probably starred just like many others, all IT projects have bugs. The problem started when the bugs were not acknowledged and dealt with properly, then hidden, obfuscated and prosecutions carried on regardless. There were many people in the PO who should have known better and behaved atrociously. Sacrificing individuals for corporate face saving. I'm not sure whether the CPs have a duty to 'check' the prosecutions by another prosecuting body, they may have a responsibility or not, I really dont know. Soon PO staff were acquitted though, I dont think it was 100% convictions.
That's the crux of it, IMO. And sadly, I have zero faith that we'll see appropriate justice or apportioned blame. One lemming may take the fall, but this disaster is clearly bigger than one individual.

That's the crux of it, IMO. And sadly, I have zero faith that we'll see appropriate justice or apportioned blame. One lemming may take the fall, but this disaster is clearly bigger than one individual.
Jo Hamilton, postmistress, said she doesn't want the villains to go to prison because they'll only serve a short time in somewhere soft and get out before long. She'd like them to be stripped of their assets and have to begin life again with nothing.

That won't happen but I'd suggest huge fines.

Last edited:

No wonder he got fined if he was masturbating in a Post Office.

I only got away with it because I put it on the scales and asked them how much to Cockermouth.

I missed today's episode, was it the senior lawyer? I saw a clip on the news, he seemed like a lying thundercnt
It’s a Fujitsu (chief) systems architect basically testified the system couldn’t be accessed / altered remotely, after promoting doing exactly that internally not long prior.
Crucially his testimony put a pregnant post mistress in clink.

Last edited:
I missed today's episode, was it the senior lawyer? I saw a clip on the news, he seemed like a lying thundercnt
Yup. Jarnail Singh. His performance had to be seen to be believed. I felt physically sick watching him actually. This is going to get worse as the big hitters are all due to appear soon.

Postmistress Jo Hamilton said she didn't believe one word of Singh's testimony.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back