Mr bates v the Post Office

My take on it, is that some of them got caught up in the horrendous culture at the time and due to the perception of peer pressure, either went along with what was going or turned a blind eye.

There wouldn`t appear to have been any option of whistle blowing either and even if there was, the main body of the wrong doers, was that powerful, I`m pretty sure they`d have buried anyone who attempted to whistle blow.

When Vennells gets on then stand, if I was the prosecution, I`d be really driving home the incredible contradictions between Vennells alleged Christianity and the criminal conspiracy between her and the higher ups in the Post Office.
It is a common theme in Christian institutions. Poison.

It was quite an entertaining watch today, proving if nothing else that she should never again be employed in any senior role…absolute cretin of a woman……
Who took her on and who is she protecting further up the chain, you know...

Hmmm. I wonder I really do, how were the victims selected? As the system was a failure with imaginary numbers produced showing deficits, surely it'd be every postmaster country wide?

Sushma Baggan (if that spelling is wrong I apologise) has just been on the news as someone (one of six) exonerated today. I'm not going to say it, but you might get an idea of what I am starting to be very suspicious of.

Beer made a professional and very well mannered case against Fennells, exposing her for what she is and quite frankly making her look like an abject liar, all whilst allowing the cow to keep some sort of dignity, as is his job as a KC.
Hoping for more aggressive questions tomorrow that don't give 2 hoots for her dignity. Starting with."Did you make it the policy for staff to tell sub postmasters that they were the only ones having faults with the system." I feel floods more tears tomorrow coming on with plenty of stoppages by the ref. 👌 I think she'll wish Beer could do all 3 dayslol

Last edited:

Hmmm. I wonder I really do, how were the victims selected? As the system was a failure with imaginary numbers produced showing deficits, surely it'd be every postmaster country wide?

Sushma Baggan (if that spelling is wrong I apologise) has just been on the news as someone (one of six) exonerated today. I'm not going to say it, but you might get an idea of what I am starting to be very suspicious of.
Seen an article on that. Numbers suggest a higher proportion of postmaster with South Asian heritage were prosecuted and the sentences tended to be more severe.

Seen an article on that. Numbers suggest a higher proportion of postmaster with South Asian heritage were prosecuted and the sentences tended to be more severe.
Oh dear. Racially motivated witch hunts aided and abetted by the courts? Criminal conspiracy for abuse of process based on racial heritage? There could be a spectrum of crimes commit here. Someone dreamed it up, and someone ok'd it to run with.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back