Mr bates v the Post Office

I thought Tim Maloney KC played a blinder there. No plum in the mouth boarding school accent, coming across as almost bumbling at times, but that's his style. He led Vennells on a merry dance, giving her enough rope to hang herself then "Boom", he produces black and white evidence of her lies. He murdered her. He absolutely had her on toast. She could not cope with his unorthodox style. All the KC's have been excellent this week but he gets MOM for me.

She is a horrid little troll. Roll on criminal prosecutions so she can enjoy a bit of porridge.
The thing is, as postmistress Jo Hamilton points out, Vennells will get time in a nice jail and probably get out early. In fact, she'll be running church services inside. What Jo wants is ultimately for Vennells and chums to have assets/savings seized and the proceeds of that to be shared out among those victims who are still alive.
It won't happen, will it?

The thing is, as postmistress Jo Hamilton points out, Vennells will get time in a nice jail and probably get out early. In fact, she'll be running church services inside. What Jo wants is ultimately for Vennells and chums to have assets/savings seized and the proceeds of that to be shared out among those victims who are still alive.
It won't happen, will it?
No it won't, vennells and a few others will get a token punishment for not kicking the buck up a few levels.
£5.1 million in pay and bonuses for vennells in her 11 years.

I thought Tim Maloney KC played a blinder there. No plum in the mouth boarding school accent, coming across as almost bumbling at times, but that's his style. He led Vennells on a merry dance, giving her enough rope to hang herself then "Boom", he produces black and white evidence of her lies. He murdered her. He absolutely had her on toast. She could not cope with his unorthodox style. All the KC's have been excellent this week but he gets MOM for me.
I'm a bit behind so looking forward to this part. Even Mrs Blue is in bed with a morning coffee watching it with headphones on.

public enquiry expected to run until autumn 2025
police warn it could be 2026 at the earliest before criminal charges are brought. There's gonna be wheelie walkers and early onset sickness turn up between then and now.

best link I can find atm.

Today's witness is a big fish. A career civil servant, she's used to being in control.

Indeed, her demeanour is condescending towards the Inquiry, and she interjects hmmm and yes in response to Beer's words almost as though she's conducting proceedings herself.

Let's see if she is so self-assured tomorrow night after her grilling.

Today's witness is a big fish. A career civil servant, she's used to being in control.

Indeed, her demeanour is condescending towards the Inquiry, and she interjects hmmm and yes in response to Beer's words almost as though she's conducting proceedings herself.

Let's see if she is so self-assured tomorrow night after her grilling.
Jack Straw’s, ex Labour MP/Minister etc, Mrs!

Perkins has largely gone down the don't remember/I was badly misinformed route today. To be fair she's been more credible in this than Vennells.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back