Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Barry, Besic and McCarthy with a front three of Lennon, Lukaku and Mirallas. Sorted.
100%. But Roberto will shoehorn Barkley and naismith in there instead and pack the midfield, dropping Bešić and Aids with Mirallas the only natural winger and Rom up on his own... The Spanish divvy won't be getting anything from this game, though we might win the passing.
I hope I'm wrong and it's a 4-3-3. We will rip them apart if Brenda starts with 3 centre halfs

....suspect they won't start Sturridge, they seem to have a team shape that is working so might want to stay with it until there's a more suitable opportunity. Be interesting who they field tonight.

yeah but if you play Barkley back there he isn't playing further forward where he should be playing. Admittedly the more forward thing doesn't seem to be working for him at the moment, but then you get into an argument about playing an out of form player out of position to cover for an out of form play playing in position.

In my opinion Barkley's best position, long term, could be at CM. I think he has the physicality, the long range passing and the ability to drive forward with the ball (his best asset). I do not think he suits the more advanced role.

....suspect they won't start Sturridge, they seem to have a team shape that is working so might want to stay with it until there's a more suitable opportunity. Be interesting who they field tonight.

He will be used as a sub tonight and if he's sound will start Saturday in my opinion

I think they will start that way, rodgers has made a big song and dance about it and how clever he has been, he is also pretty slow to change his tactics, like you say it's a system we have the players to exploit with our full backs and wingers, we can still go 3 in the center, but I wouldn't start naismith or barkley outwide as we could be missing a big opportunity to get the upper hand
You could be right however if we play McCarthy and Besic and leave them to cover either side Barkley would always be in the middle with at least one of them depending on what side the ball is. I think Barkley and Besic/McCarthy can do a decent job against Henderson and Gerrard and at least that would give us the ability to counter.

If we play Barry, Besic and McCarthy are going to be constantly running from side to side and Barry is too slow. We might find our attack isolated.

I can see the dilemma.

People are righting off Barry but he's actually been quietly effective of late. I think Besic/McCarthy are more similar so even though individually I want them both in the team, I can see why Bobby would keep Barry. The problem has been his persistence with Barry through his poor form, however right now I think he's improved and next to McCarthy could reclaim his prior form.
Our tactics recently have suited him. It hasn't left us so open to the counter or getting pressed. But I agree Barry has been much better. Still shouldn't play this game.

Sturridge can fit that team shape however it was one used to cope with his absence so he might still revert.

In my opinion Barkley's best position, long term, could be at CM. I think he has the physicality, the long range passing and the ability to drive forward with the ball (his best asset). I do not think he suits the more advanced role.
I agree with you long term he should end up there, but cant see it happening for a few years yet, bottles to many challenges and is down right lazy

again I'd agree, in the number 10 role i think what we get from him is moments of brilliance mixed in with a lot of him looking a bit lost, in a CM role he looks a lot more natural, gets on the ball far more and can see it all in front of him which allows his instincts to kick in a bit more, given the chance the develop there he will run games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back