Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be dropped for McCarthy until either he or McCarthy learn a new role, or the system changes. Currently Besic has been playing McCarthy's role, and one of them needs learn how to take over Barry's. Besic would probably be the most sensible option as he's used to being a CB, but who knows.

He'll be dropped for McCarthy until either he or McCarthy learn a new role, or the system changes. Currently Besic has been playing McCarthy's role, and one of them needs learn how to take over Barry's. Besic would probably be the most sensible option as he's used to being a CB, but who knows.
Would say Use Mccarthy as the more defense minded and let besic be the one to spray the ball about, his passing is better

Just let Jimmy and Mo play together. They can follow simple instruction if Bobby tells them they can't both vacate the middle and leave a gap in front of the back line. They'd give opposing midfields fits seeing as they'd never have a moment without being chased down by rabid dogs. Barry can come in when one tires if need be.

Might be a bit negative but I'd like to see him play all 3 if McCarthy's fit. Barry doesn't deserve to be dropped on the last few games and of course Besic doesn't, would like to see a sort of 4-3-1-2 with Naismith in behind Mirallas and Lukaku. Like the Anfield game but with Lukaku on Sakho and Mirallas on Can.

Unfortunately I think we all expect that but we can only hope Roberto has seen the light. He has adapted his tactics and bought a new winger so maybe slowly we're getting through to him.

Yup, lets play a completely untested midfield partnership in what is probably our most important remaining league game.

Barry/Besic or Barry/McCarthy against Liverpool. Can't see him playing all 3 again, especially at home.

Yup, lets play a completely untested midfield partnership in what is probably our most important remaining league game.

Barry/Besic or Barry/McCarthy against Liverpool. Can't see him playing all 3 again, especially at home.

I totally agree with You. I think it should be McCarthy/Barry for the following reasons:

1, If the 3 of them play together then there's either no room for Barkley or Naismith; or one them just stucks to the wing which doesn't work.
2, Nearly 100 % sure that Barry will get a yellow so he won't be able to play against Chelsea: it's another reason to rest Besic for a match whilst McCarthy desperately needs game time
3, Mo at the last few games was used more as a switcher in front of Barry, it's safer not to play this card against faster teams, let Barkley/Naismith do this work ( Barry actually can make good passes to them in a more simple way)

So I would stick to Barry/Jmac at Saturday and after the inevitable yellow for Barry Besic/Jmac against Chelsea. That will be a risk too, but a defeat there is something nobody will be surprised of, whilst at Saturday with focused play it can be easily a win.

First Mo show already he can replace Barry in hes role ,if somebody cant remember our last win where we dominate against Qpr and its funny to me making all kind exuse for Barry. Yes Barry play last two games good but reason is big rest. Can u honestly see him us better solution to stop speedy attack from RS .All i see is card card.Martinez needs to wake up.Hes love for Barry cost us much from boxing day to today Barry play every min of every game and at list in half he he stunk.hes not playing him self back in form , he had a [Poor language removed] rest witch he need as 33 year old holding mid.Also i respect Martinez for bench Barkley but he poor manage the lad.We have team for at list first 8 but we are in strugle to stay up.For me Mo is show class he was throw in PL and he was one of the better one.Would Roberto open mind to young fast mid. We will see

Last edited:
He won't get dropped for sure. Martinez won't throw McCarthy back into the starting line up after such a long spell on the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back