Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 man midfield was a total failure for me.

Barry just sat, which he does in a 2 man midfield, Jamo ran round like a madman snapping at peoples heels and being boss, which he does in a 2man midfield and Besic seemed wasted on the left wing for me.

Not sure if it was his job, but he picked up Gerrard whenever possible, seems a strange tactic considering how utterly sh1te he is these days.

Not a fan of that 3 man midfield, it might work better if Besic was the 1 sitting with a licence to get forward like a box to box, but we expect our middle player to sit.

As RUFUS said, the offensive players dont really offer us enough for it to work properly.

I think a 3man midfield is as pointless as a 3man defence.

Well, not a total failure. We look a lot more secure defensively.

But in terms of trying to score goals in actual competitive games of football, yes.

Good shout, I'd like to see this.

No idea whether Martinez would fancy it like. Perhaps doubtful as Naismith seems to be undroppable, which is understandable as Naismith has been, bar Besic and McCarthy, the only player to turn up consistently this season for him.

I think then lukaku can stay center forward and occupy center halfs and with Mirallas and Lennon either side its pace

With the 3 of besic Barry McCarthy holding

Naismith has been very good tho

I would just mix it up it will make Chelsea think

Don't think I'd fancy seeing Besic trying those Cruyff turns as a centre half to be honest. That's one part of his game I'd like to see disappear.

Far too many times he's tried the Cruyff turn and lost the ball which has set us on the back foot.

Think we need to swerve playing Naismith as a false 9, though. Maybe give Barkley a go in that role. But preferably just play Lukaku through the middle.

It depends what you want your false 9 to do though.
The plan seemed against Liverpool to press their defenders when trying to play out of defence and Naismith is brilliant at that and it almost worked against Sakho, Ross couldn't do that effectively.

On the other hand one of the benefits you can get from a false 9 is when they drop deeper to receive the ball a centre half has to follow them pulling them out of position and creating space for the wide strikers and indecision in a defence.
Defenders don't need to follow Naismith deep because he can't beat a man and has no pace, he's only a threat in and around the box.
They'd have to follow Ross though cos on form he can waltz past a couple of players or smash one in from 35 yards.
Could be effective.

Besic is the nearest player to Tony Kay that I've seen at Everton since...Tony Kay. What he needs, and will learn, however, is to make the right decisions when passing forward. His cross field and defensive passes are really sweet, and pinpoint, usually, but when he needs to find an outright attacking pass option, he seems undecided. This surely will come, and will quickly put him in the 20 million bracket.

Besic is the nearest player to Tony Kay that I've seen at Everton since...Tony Kay. What he needs, and will learn, however, is to make the right decisions when passing forward. His cross field and defensive passes are really sweet, and pinpoint, usually, but when he needs to find an outright attacking pass option, he seems undecided. This surely will come, and will quickly put him in the 20 million bracket.
after reading colin harveys book, he said had tony kay not been banned, nobody would have heard of nobby stiles, in terms of england in 66

after reading colin harveys book, he said had tony kay not been banned, nobody would have heard of nobby stiles, in terms of england in 66

Thats true enough. Kay was outstanding. I met him a few times after his ban(in fact played in a couple of Mickey Mouse games with him) and worked a bar with him at a couple of barbeques, and he was a decent guy.The least guilty as well, of the 'match fixers', Swann etc., Kay simply had a bet. Look at Besic, and you see reminders of Kay, without doubt. Maybe Eggs or one of the other oldies could comment on this?

Thats true enough. Kay was outstanding. I met him a few times after his ban(in fact played in a couple of Mickey Mouse games with him) and worked a bar with him at a couple of barbeques, and he was a decent guy.The least guilty as well, of the 'match fixers', Swann etc., Kay simply had a bet. Look at Besic, and you see reminders of Kay, without doubt. Maybe Eggs or one of the other oldies could comment on this?
he MOTM'd in the game he bet on as well I think, tough as teak apparently an all, Besic does have the feel of a bit of a throw back, a genuinely tough kid but without the posturing and false kick offs, bags of ability as well

evertonians on the radio recently pronouncing their love for Mo, and his god like status on GOT is unanimous. The lad is very quickly turning into the highlight of the season for most of us. (unless something crazy happens in Europe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back