Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic is the nearest player to Tony Kay that I've seen at Everton since...Tony Kay. What he needs, and will learn, however, is to make the right decisions when passing forward. His cross field and defensive passes are really sweet, and pinpoint, usually, but when he needs to find an outright attacking pass option, he seems undecided. This surely will come, and will quickly put him in the 20 million bracket.

This was very evident on Saturday, an improvement in this part of his game would make him the complete midfielder.

as others have said, with barkley there it's a very different formation and mindset
It doesn't have to be weak defensively. Barkley used to play as a centre back and the lad is huge. If he could just get over his mental issues he would be the perfect player for the middle half back (is that what we're calling it), having the dribbling and passing ability and legs to drive right through their centre and still get back to defend.

It doesn't have to be weak defensively. Barkley used to play as a centre back and the lad is huge. If he could just get over his mental issues he would be the perfect player for the middle half back (is that what we're calling it), having the dribbling and passing ability and legs to drive right through their centre and still get back to defend.
I don't think it would be weak defensively, I'm of the thought that that is were we have to develop barkley, even if it's two in midfield not just three, if you are controlling the game you are less likely to concede anyway.

I don't think it would be weak defensively, I'm of the thought that that is were we have to develop barkley, even if it's two in midfield not just three, if you are controlling the game you are less likely to concede anyway.
Why does it have to be a two in midfield?

We should just play 3.

4-3-3 is pretty much the standard formation played everywhere except in England and we have 3 players who could be our new holy trinity for years to come.

I feel like with the players we have, Martinez must be aiming for a 4-3-3 in the future surely. I think he just wants Barkley to come on a bit more first. Maybe next season. I don't think he'd trust Barkley in a midfield 2 for a few years at least.

In 4 years time:

Joel
Coleman Stones Galloway Garbutt
McCarthy Barkley Besic
Henen Lukaku ????

Lots (and lots) of ifs and buts but could be pretty creamy.

I feel like with the players we have, Martinez must be aiming for a 4-3-3 in the future surely. I think he just wants Barkley to come on a bit more first. Maybe next season. I don't think he'd trust Barkley in a midfield 2 for a few years at least.

In 4 years time:

Joel
McCarthy Barkley Besic
Henen Lukaku ????

You can see we have lots of talent coming through but every team needs a blend of experience to balance the youth.
If the team above is the line up in 3-4 years time I will be very pleased but realistically 2 or 3 wont make the grade or get sold on.

This was very evident on Saturday, an improvement in this part of his game would make him the complete midfielder.

True. I'm sure that Martinez is thinking of Besic and Mccarthy as the fulcrum of the team, eventually. Barry , I feel, is simply assisting in the development(you can't just magic a complete team overnight as you want it). Robles(maybe), Coleman, Stones, Garbutt(possibly), Browning(possibly) and Lukaku will be in Martinez ideal team with hopefully Barkley and Henen and a Delofeu or Lennon type and a Mirallas type will be closer to the ideal for Roberto,up to a couple of years down the road.

In 4 years time:

Joel
McCarthy Barkley Besic
Henen Lukaku ????

In my head, that midfield is incredible. I know some of our developing players are still a bit hit and miss but I really hope we can keep hold of these.

In 4 years time:

Joel
McCarthy Barkley Besic
Henen Lukaku ????

I think that must be why Naismith is getting so many games. He's showing him the importance of working hard for the team.

The one you are missing is Deulofeu ;), or Green if he makes it.

I'm convinced that his improvement every week has nothing to do with the fact that he's one of our only players to slot in at the same position every match.

I think he played well after that yellow: silently, but well. Made a lot of clearances and played that stalker mode for 40 minutes in which I'm quite sure now he's the best at least in Europe. It's promising to see that if something like this happens he switches from full time tackler mode to this calm passing stalking player mode and remains very-very disciplined. He can change his playstyle and still can be very useful and he learned that at Everton during this 6 months. Got 7.0 at whoscored, can't argue with that but his passing was 96% and he did the 2nd most passes at the 1st half. Did his job, the yellow was a little stupid thing but at least he gained a little playtime for McCarthy.

Gutted he got that yellow so early, the ref was to eager to get the cards out, did well to not pick up another yellow but i guess the risk was too great to leave him on. Shame he is picking up so many yellows but i dont want him to change his game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back