Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n8eqfySJyQ1tfpospo1_400.gif

Vital him and JMac put in a big collective display on Sunday to keep old man Barry outta the team on a regular basis. Can't see why they shouldn't develop a good understanding hopefully

Vital him and JMac put in a big collective display on Sunday to keep old man Barry outta the team on a regular basis. Can't see why they shouldn't develop a good understanding hopefully

Neither have an ability passing-wise in the final third though.

And to qualify the point, because I know that Besic in his first game hit a 40 yarder, would you ever see McCarthy/Besic making the types of cross and run for Lukaku's first two goals last night?

Yes Barry shouldn't play every game but for me he is still - in moderation - the far better option to Besic. We don't need Besic/McCarthy in the same team imo

Going forward, I think we will see Baines step into Barry's role and then Besic/McCarthy scrapping it out for a spot beside him.

They are just too similar to be a good pair imo (Besic & McCarthy)

And to qualify the point, because I know that Besic in his first game hit a 40 yarder, would you ever see McCarthy/Besic making the types of cross and run for Lukaku's first two goals last night?

Yes Barry shouldn't play every game but for me he is still - in moderation - the far better option to Besic. We don't need Besic/McCarthy in the same team imo

Going forward, I think we will see Baines step into Barry's role and then Besic/McCarthy scrapping it out for a spot beside him.

McCarthy's weight of pass is really excellent and besic can spread the ball about pretty well. I really think that is a partnership worth persisting with.

Barry has been the ire of much of my RAEG this season but admittedly he's done better as of recent.

I agree with this totally. Well said sir. Besic although a good signing is so overated on here. Him and McCarthy wouldn't work as a long term week after week pairing.

Do you mean the sort of run mccarthy made to set up lukaku against southamton last season. Mccarthy is actually very good going forward, just doesnt do it enough.

I agree with this totally. Well said sir. Besic although a good signing is so overated on here. Him and McCarthy wouldn't work as a long term week after week pairing.

Course they would work. I wouldn't say their styles are similar so they'd clash shall we say and not work deep in midfield. McCarthy as great energy and stamina and gets about the pitch very well and keeps things ticking over in midfield very simply and nicely. Besic is a aggressive and likes to put a foot in but the lad as more variety to his play, he's got a good passing range, short or long. He drives on from deep and does look to switch defence to attack a lot quicker than both McCarthy or Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back