Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Course they would work. I wouldn't say their styles are similar so they'd clash shall we say and not work deep in midfield. McCarthy as great energy and stamina and gets about the pitch very well and keeps things ticking over in midfield very simply and nicely. Besic is a aggressive and likes to put a foot in but the lad as more variety to his play, he's got a good passing range, short or long. He drives on from deep and does look to switch defence to attack a lot quicker than both McCarthy or Barry.
I actually think they have a lot in common. That certainly isn't a bad thing though... Unless you're Leicester!

What I like about Besic is, unlike most of GOT, he doesn't feel he's the second coming of Zidane at this point of his career and is focused on cutting out the glaring errors in his game.

Glad he's thinking long term.

What I like about Besic is, unlike most of GOT, he doesn't feel he's the second coming of Zidane at this point of his career and is focused on cutting out the glaring errors in his game.

This, and his desire on the pitch for us.

IMO Besic has shown a far better passing game than Barry, he may not make a higher % but then he tries more progressive (some may say, riskier) passes.

All opinions like but i think the opposite - to me it's Barry that has the far better variation in his passing.

3 very good options for 2 spots though

Hes not the 2nd coming of Zidane tho, hes much, much better than Zidane, hes like a Zidane and Redondo hybrid.

Its ok, you can admit you got him wrong, you can admit you made a mistake, be the bigger man.

All opinions like but i think the opposite - to me it's Barry that has the far better variation in his passing.

3 very good options for 2 spots though

Barry only plays well with McCarthy though. His performanes alongside Besic or Barkley have been woeful. Meanwhile in the admittedly short glimpses we've seen of them together Barkley and McCarthy deep dominated Liverpool in last season's goodison derby, and Besic and Barkley cruised past QPR. Tomorrow hopefully we'll see Besic and McCarthy but i would nit be surprised to see Gibson given a go maybe with Besic. For me Barry is by far the weakest of our midfield options and the squad for next season should be two out of McCarthy Barkley Besic and Gibson with Barry only kept as a backup or utility cover for centreback leftback and injuries in holding mid. Still its better than choosing two out of Neville, Rodwell, Heitinga, and Fellaini.

Barry hasnt been at his best this season, but I personally still think Barry/McCarthy is our best midfield paring, not quite sure why, I just like it, maybe its cos it was amazing last season.

Besic is an outstanding talent, still with a lot to learn, but hes been in the league for about 8 months and it really doesnt show, im going to enjoy watching his progress, I have no doubt that in 4 years he will be a world wide superstar.

Every team should be quite happy with these 4 DM's in the world.

McCarthy: enormous pace, good ball keeping, positioning and fine tackles. Weakness: he's not really good at closing up and defending as a fullback/CB
Barry: good passing and vision in the field, good cover as CB Weakness: his pace is gone, slow at times
Gibson: what I saw from him in little time he's a good passer, don't know anything about his tackling ability and also don't know what are his weaknesses
Besic: good passing, good positioning, extreme tackles Weakness: headers and sometimes overthinking of the game

In the next few weeks RM will be in big trouble because of the suspensions / incoming suspensions for Barry and Besic. I think those two learned now how to play together, it's not an issue anymore. Although Besic still needs to clarify his play, as I checked the stats he's the 11th of 290 players in EPL in terms of succesful dribbles in defence... That's on one hand a good thing (he's got the ability to do that) but on the other hand if he fails there will be consequences.

And also I thought that Besic and McCarthy are very similar before I saw them play together. Now I think they're quite the opposite. It was the Chelsea match when I saw them play individually 45-45 minutes I realized that their play is very different it's just the pace which is the same.

People do think McCarthy and Besic are the same, but they really arent, they are quite different players, McCarthy has the better defensive skillset and Besic has the better offensive skillset, but both share an outstanding eye for the game and the ability to tackle like Gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back