Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest shames since ive been watching us besic yanno, he has got it to be a boss little midfielder but he just cannot stay fit. never forget when he had toure and co in his pocket in last years semis at goodison, think give him another season after this to prove his fitness, if not let him go and rebuild his career

Barry too old and Davies too young to be fully reliable.

We have 2 fully able options for 3 spots at the mo.

Not being pedantic but I think Koeman classifies Barkley as a forward. I only say this as RK said yesterday re: McCarthy that he is one of 5 very good midfielders.

In relation to Barry, he's shown if rotated he's still a fantastic player. Not sure how many times he has to prove this?

For Davies, again, he will be rotated so not sure how he can't be relied upon in the most suitable games for his abilities.

We have Gana, McCarthy, Barry, Schneiderlin and Davies all challenging for the two holding midfield spots. Koeman has been waxing lyrical about them.

I just can't see how he gets anywhere near the team when everything he brings we have better elsewhere.

Not being pedantic but I think Koeman classifies Barkley as a forward. I only say this as RK said yesterday re: McCarthy that he is one of 5 very good midfielders.

In relation to Barry, he's shown if rotated he's still a fantastic player. Not sure how many times he has to prove this?

For Davies, again, he will be rotated so not sure how he can't be relied upon in the most suitable games for his abilities.

We have Gana, McCarthy, Barry, Schneiderlin and Davies all challenging for the two holding midfield spots. Koeman has been waxing lyrical about them.

I just can't see how he gets anywhere near the team when everything he brings we have better elsewhere.

I think it is three spots in 4-at-the-back formations. Didn't we start the last game with Barry, Schneiderlin and McCarthy with Barkley as a forward?

Barry and likely McCarthy won't be at Everton much longer, so that opens the door a bit more for Besic. And if we do get into Europe next season, that door opens even wider.

Barry and likely McCarthy won't be at Everton much longer, so that opens the door a bit more for Besic. And if we do get into Europe next season, that door opens even wider.
I do think McCarthy will be sold this summer. He probably wants to play regularly. And I am not sure that will be the case and if the players in the MF he probably fetches the best price. Mo is cheaper and our depth will allow us to bring him along slowly.

Last edited:

Simple answer, Mo Besic is a class above the crab twins Grandad Barry and James I don't pass forward McCarthy.

Hopefully next season we have long European, League Cup and FA Cup runs as well as a great league campaign.

That warrants a lot of rotation within the squad and, if he can stay fit, I think Besic could really be an important player for us.

what makes you think McCarthy won't be at Everton much longer? At the moment I would say Besic is fifth choice for a starting midfield spot.

Just a hunch, really. I don't mind McCarthy but I also think Besic, when healthy, offers more. That pushes McCarthy to No. 5 on the depth chart in my mind and as such the first (after a retired Barry) to get shipped out.

I think McCarthy will stay here, Koeman rates him high and can see him fitting well into this system if he stays healthy. Barry won't be around much longer due to age, I hope he finds a place to stay on in the team to help out and mentor. Davies actually could play more of an attacking midfielder role which leaves Gana, Morgan and McCarthy controlling the defensive side of the midfield IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back