Murders in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my teens, I grew up on a diet of hardcore punk rock, which was all about anarchy and tearing down the State.

Only my personal experience, but it was all about the music with me and my mates. The anger, the energy and the insane gigs that we all went too.

The message was incidental really, it was all about having a good time and rebelling as a teenager.

We never took the lyrics literally.

At the time, Punk Rock was seen as very dangerous and the end of civilisation lol

That all sounds very rational and innocent. I think most teens will seek out some kind of counter-culture at some point in their growing up.

But how many kids involved with Drill scene have either been victims of, or commited acts of serious violence? It's a lot. Are they doing this because they are intrinsically horrible people or are they being influenced by something to act in this way?

That all sounds very rational and innocent. I think most teens will seek out some kind of counter-culture at some point in their growing up.

But how many kids involved with Drill scene have either been victims of, or commited acts of serious violence? It's a lot. Are they doing this because they are intrinsically horrible people or are they being influenced by something to act in this way?

I agree mate and I`d say, that they are being heavily influenced by the culture surrounding the Drill scene on social media.

People always wanting to up the ante, to be the top boy and gain the most respect, by doing and inciting young people, to commit abhorrent acts.

I`ve got a teenage lad who listens to it, but he`s got the sense to see it for what it is, musical panto and he also listens to lots of other types of music too.

This post has offended me more than anything I’ve seen on here. Not so much the words in the post but the sentiment. I work adult protection and you obviously have absolutely zero idea about real life for many people.

Before pointing fingers you should spend a lot more time gaining real life experience of the challenges people are facing. The impact of government cuts to social welfare would also be a good place to start.

If you reckon trickle down economics works then go walk around a uk town or city instead of going to a marks and Spencer food hall in a retail park full of Volvo drivers (Sorry to all conscientious Volvo drivers).

And if you were nearer to the actual problems you would realise that the drug laws and attitudes to the drug laws are some of the most damaging things society has ever known. This coupled with the various social issues caused by the break down of the social welfare system are huge factors that have brought us to where we are today.

A good start point for you would be to look into trauma informed theory. It will help you understand why people do the things they do.

I don’t want to politicise this but it’s hard not to. I have witnessed what could almost be called a cull on the vulnerable over the last 14yrs. Policies that would have met approval from men with small moustaches.

I could go on all day but essentially I would say educate yourself outside of a newspaper and the internet. Go help out in a soup kitchen or food bank. Go help all those people in poverty that ‘just need to make better choices’.
standing-ovation.gif

This post has offended me more than anything I’ve seen on here. Not so much the words in the post but the sentiment. I work adult protection and you obviously have absolutely zero idea about real life for many people.

Before pointing fingers you should spend a lot more time gaining real life experience of the challenges people are facing. The impact of government cuts to social welfare would also be a good place to start.

If you reckon trickle down economics works then go walk around a uk town or city instead of going to a marks and Spencer food hall in a retail park full of Volvo drivers (Sorry to all conscientious Volvo drivers).

And if you were nearer to the actual problems you would realise that the drug laws and attitudes to the drug laws are some of the most damaging things society has ever known. This coupled with the various social issues caused by the break down of the social welfare system are huge factors that have brought us to where we are today.

A good start point for you would be to look into trauma informed theory. It will help you understand why people do the things they do.

I don’t want to politicise this but it’s hard not to. I have witnessed what could almost be called a cull on the vulnerable over the last 14yrs. Policies that would have met approval from men with small moustaches.

I could go on all day but essentially I would say educate yourself outside of a newspaper and the internet. Go help out in a soup kitchen or food bank. Go help all those people in poverty that ‘just need to make better choices’.
Well said,most of them don't make better choices, because they have none.

Well I’m sorry you are offended. I am offended that a 9 year old child gets murdered. You may have real life experience of dealing with the vulnerable, now when you have real life experience of a murder and it’s consequences upon the family, as I have, then perhaps you will understand my comment…..

Well I’m sorry you are offended. I am offended that a 9 year old child gets murdered. You may have real life experience of dealing with the vulnerable, now when you have real life experience of a murder and it’s consequences upon the family, as I have, then perhaps you will understand my comment…..
Thank you for the apology Pete but don’t worry it wasn’t that bad it’s only the internet. My words were probably a bit strong anyway.
But until we stop focusing on the symptoms rather than the cause of the problem things will never change. It suits some people to focus on the symptoms and make everything about choices. What we need to do is understand why people do things. Once we can establish that we can start to tackle the cause of the problem. Locking up fathers for non violent offences such as drug possession for instance does nothing but create parentless children and criminalised kids who learn about life on the street often while being exploited. Then unable to work and thrive in society. Until something is done to address the many causes of people turning to a life of violence we will never stop it.
Unfortunately the breakdown of the social welfare system and the drug laws combined with other forces will only increase the amount of murdered on our streets.

In my teens, I grew up on a diet of hardcore punk rock, which was all about anarchy and tearing down the State.

Only my personal experience, but it was all about the music with me and my mates. The anger, the energy and the insane gigs that we all went too.

The message was incidental really, it was all about having a good time and rebelling as a teenager.

We never took the lyrics literally.

At the time, Punk Rock was seen as very dangerous and the end of civilisation lol
Was the same with Rock n Roll in the 50's, anything that makes the youth seem rebellious oiks and undermines the sneering oldies view of order is seen as detrimental to that generation.

If i have a line tonite what would you say to me?

Im to blame for all this trouble in liverpool?

Thank you for the apology Pete but don’t worry it wasn’t that bad it’s only the internet. My words were probably a bit strong anyway.
But until we stop focusing on the symptoms rather than the cause of the problem things will never change. It suits some people to focus on the symptoms and make everything about choices. What we need to do is understand why people do things. Once we can establish that we can start to tackle the cause of the problem. Locking up fathers for non violent offences such as drug possession for instance does nothing but create parentless children and criminalised kids who learn about life on the street often while being exploited. Then unable to work and thrive in society. Until something is done to address the many causes of people turning to a life of violence we will never stop it.
Unfortunately the breakdown of the social welfare system and the drug laws combined with other forces will only increase the amount of murdered on our streets.
Wouldn't waste your words on him. He's obviously full of (type your own synonym for poo here)

Trying to gain sympathy in order to validate the bile you have posted in here? You are abhorrent.

If i have a line tonite what would you say to me?

Im to blame for all this trouble in liverpool?

It‘s a strange one isn’t it. The suppliers and the scrotes who end up feuding actually cause the trouble and misery. However without customers there would be no suppliers. But having said that, we have legal drugs, alcohol and over the counter drugs that are strictly controlled by the state. Pub landlords or Chemists don’t go around shooting people in the norm. So legalise it, but control it in the same way and that may work for the majority. Push the control back down the line to the manufacturers and eliminate all of the ‘bad guys’ and gangs. But then there will be some drugs invented, inevitably, that will pose an existential threat to the lives of the user and others, which the state will ban and they will go back underground and to the gangs. I don’t have the answer, but I know with a certainty that without customers, drug gangs, their feuds and drug related murders would not happen……

Everybody has at least some degree of choice in the moral direction of their life. Is it a level playing field?... No of course not, never has been, nor will it ever be. The idea that gangland violence is commited exclusively by poor vulnerable victims of government austerity, desperately searching for their next meal is frankly not accurate.

The desire to climb the power heirarchy is a part of human nature. There will ALWAYS be people who desire more money/status opportunities than they are provided with by government, and are prepared to go against the moral grain, by breaking the law, and exploiting other people to get it.

I agree mate and I`d say, that they are being heavily influenced by the culture surrounding the Drill scene on social media.

People always wanting to up the ante, to be the top boy and gain the most respect, by doing and inciting young people, to commit abhorrent acts.

I`ve got a teenage lad who listens to it, but he`s got the sense to see it for what it is, musical panto and he also listens to lots of other types of music too.
One of the issues with drill music with the young generation now, is it’s so visible and easy to achieve that life style now. They look at the money, clothes, drugs and women in the videos and it’s a life style they crave and chase. They think by having all that, they are feared and respected, when in reality, if you caught them one on one, without the weapons or gangs they are in, they couldn’t burst a grape.

One of the issues is with social media, is they can flaunt that lifestyle, by getting attention, it’s sends them more disrespectful, fearless of the law, fearless of consequences. It’s scary how it’s getting with this young generation, working in education, I see them getting worse every single year. Every single year, it’s becoming harder to control their behaviour, every year it’s becoming more mentally draining to do the job. Just today, 2 of the learners I teach, have been charged with a section 18 charge after putting a man and 15 year old in a coma, battered him with bats an other weapons. They won’t do any jail time though, just get a 12 month YOT order.

Whilst nobody should have to go through that, Pete, anecdote is not evidence. Your own personal experience of the impact of violent crime on a family has no bearing on its motives and the factors that drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back