Murders in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it is possible to move to a political system where community spirit and social solidarity exist again?

Rightly or wrongly, poilitical emphasis over the past seventy years has shifted from the collective to the individual. The social mobility that came with it raised living standards of millions of working people. But individual opportunity comes as a trade off of collective focus.

I don't believe people now really want community spirit in those terms. They might want the support network and safety net that goes with it, but they don't want "nosey f'ing neighbours" or to give up their free time to do some community work.

I read about Olivia Pratt-Korbel yesterday. Sad story. Looks like they have someone in custody.

In Chicago, where I'm from, these stories are a dozen daily, sadly. :(

Are you guys seeing an uptick in gun crime in the UK?

I read about this yesterday. Sad story. Looks like they have someone in custody.

By the US standards, not really. Knife crime has been more of an issue for a few years. Its why shootings, let alone a 9 year old dying, has resonated so much.

UK gun crime uptick is a couple to a few. Put is this way, I very much doubt that there are threads on US football forums titled "Another UK shooting". We have had a US one for years.

More serious the thread easier it is to WUM
Only gotta look at yaself for proof of that

Yeah, I get what you mean mate, you've got me hooked hard here. Bravo.
I'd suggest trying to learn a little compassion though and not "WUM" in a thread about the death of a 9 year old girl, otherwise you just come across as a hard-hearted nobhead.

Do you think it is possible to move to a political system where community spirit and social solidarity exist again?
No chance, politics is to deeply corrupted but society is too far gone, especially in Liverpool, that's why this scouse not English stiff is such a load of nonsense.
It might exist for certain individuals or specific circles of friends, but society in general, never.
The last time anything like that was evident in England was during the Second World War, but for it to work on masse everyone has to be pulling in the same direction, for the good of all, it will never happen again.

No chance, politics is to deeply corrupted but society is too far gone, especially in Liverpool, that's why this scouse not English stiff is such a load of nonsense.
It might exist for certain individuals or specific circles of friends, but society in general, never.
The last time anything like that was evident in England was during the Second World War, but for it to work on masse everyone has to be pulling in the same direction, for the good of all, it will never happen again.

It seemed pretty much like we all pulled together in Lock Down and all that.

That said, certain parts of community are deffo off grid, and live to their own rules. Most likely, been like that forever mind.

I read about Olivia Pratt-Korbel yesterday. Sad story. Looks like they have someone in custody.

In Chicago if not mistaken, isn’t a lot of gun crime down to the gang culture and the drill music scene?

Sadly, drill is over here and a lot of the young generation are starting to be influenced by that type of music.

On the whole, murders in this country are very rarely committed by guns.

I think it is - remember how much effort is being put in to prevent solidarity from forming now; all the movements against the "woke", the deliberate divisiveness and so on.

Optimism and pessimism, right there!

In Chicago if not mistaken, isn’t a lot of gun crime down to the gang culture and the drill music scene?

Sadly, drill is over here and a lot of the young generation are starting to be influenced by that type of music.

On the whole, murders in this country are very rarely committed by guns.
Dunno about the music bit, but it's most definitely driven by gangs.

That, and we've had a rash of "progressive" district attorneys and judges in major cities who more or less either refuse to prosecute gun criminals, or they let them loose after arrent without bail, so it's only gotten worse in the last decade. A lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back