My hero Terry.RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Gutted on hearing this,

feel free to move this mods if you wish,

another part of my childhood growing up has departed the Everton scene,
the inspiration for my moniker on this fine forum of ours, I got my first season ticket aged eight, now don't get me wrong most of us of a certain vintage would never say he was the most cultured to wear the Royal Blue, but he always was committed, gave 110% and would put his head in for the cause(I recall Latch knocking him unconscious at Old Trafford!!)that first season for me 1973-74 I recall Terry getting unmerciful stick off the crowd, the local lads did back then, Mick Lyons the same, I felt sorry for him as I saw a fella doing the best he could for us, the nicknames made me laugh too, "Apricot","Herbie","Maxie", and the cries of "jockey him" when he was facing a winger, all good fun for an eight year old at the game.

He left us for Tulsa Roughnecks(only Terry eh?:))then returned home with Wrexham, I was at Goodison for the cup tie back in 1980 when he received a great ovation on his return home,(although red never suited him:))and then played a big role in Howards backroom team for the glory of the mid 1980's,he did sterling service at Blackburn too during their golden period,

Thanks for the memories Terry,

Howie get a bevvy ready for him and chat about the glory days:)

RIP

Gutted on hearing this,

the inspiration for my moniker on this fine forum of ours, I got my first season ticket aged eight, now don't get me wrong most of us of a certain vintage would never say he was the most cultured to wear the Royal Blue, but he always was committed, gave 110% and would put his head in for the cause(I recall Latch knocking him unconscious at Old Trafford!!)that first season for me 1973-74 I recall Terry getting unmerciful stick off the crowd, the local lads did back then, Mick Lyons the same, I felt sorry for him as I saw a fella doing the best he could for us, the nicknames made me laugh too, "Apricot","Herbie","Maxie", and the cries of "jockey him" when he was facing a winger, all good fun for an eight year old at the game.

He left us for Tulsa Roughnecks(only Terry eh?:))then returned home with Wrexham, I was at Goodison for the cup tie back in 1980 when he received a great ovation on his return home,(although red never suited him:))and then played a big role in Howards backroom team for the glory of the mid 1980's,he did sterling service at Blackburn too during their golden period,

RIP
Class that mate

Gutted on hearing this,

RIP
Gone to soon Dario - a proper player and Evertonian. I Wish a few of the current squad had his attitude.

This crappy season gets worse by the day....

Rip Terry.

Gutted on hearing this,

RIP
My condolences Dario -I have just put a few photos of him on the old pictures thread - the laughs & jokes we have all had over him over the years on a certain thread all in good nature - a true Blue like your self mate - I enquired about his health with you about a month ago - sad news RIP - a bit of a shock

Gutted on hearing this,

RIP
So sad to hear. One of our most honest, committed players in my lifetime. Always loved the RBJ. May he rest in the peace of fellow Blues who are gone before him.

Gutted on hearing this,

RIP
Bless you fella.

Always sad to lose one of "our" heroes, no matter what profile they may have had and we have lost a few. he was of my young Everton days.

Collecting Panini stickers or "cards" as they were, that smell of the Bubbly Gum that came with the packet, the anticipation of who you were gonna get halcyon days and much simpler times for many of us and a time of so near yet just not quite achieved.

Bingham and Gordon Lee's teams were perhaps never the most glamourous of Teams but by God it had solid, determined and tenacious players as well as a few with the skills that we all tried to emulate on the local field near us, for me Duncan McKenzie, Gary Jones, Andy King and the Latch will always be huge influences on me but the often derided and unsung like Terry, Bernard, Lyons etc are all etched on my Memory indelibly.

Lets hope the team up there, or wherever your faith, beliefs tell you, and again, what a team or two it will be! are looking down and sending goodwill and a slice of their fortitude and maybe even a slice or tow of good fortune, to our current crop to instil in them some of the qualities they all had in heaps so our current lot can maintain our long standing heritage and status.

RIP Terry Darracott, let the Strains of "We Shall not be Moved" ring out form our Legends in the Heavens.

Forever Everton

Last edited:
Certainly a shock mate,I thought he was recovering.:(
No mate, I last spoke to him at a family funeral 16 months ago, he was in terrible pain but still managed to turn up on sticks.He was really bad with arthritis and his brother recently told me me he was getting progressively worse.He had both hips and knees replaced and also suffered with his ankles but Terry being Terry always had time for a laugh. I will be attending his funeral and will inform the forum on how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.