My hero Terry.RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for you @Dario Terracotta -

1648042651452.png

Gutted on hearing this,

feel free to move this mods if you wish,

another part of my childhood growing up has departed the Everton scene,
the inspiration for my moniker on this fine forum of ours, I got my first season ticket aged eight, now don't get me wrong most of us of a certain vintage would never say he was the most cultured to wear the Royal Blue, but he always was committed, gave 110% and would put his head in for the cause(I recall Latch knocking him unconscious at Old Trafford!!)that first season for me 1973-74 I recall Terry getting unmerciful stick off the crowd, the local lads did back then, Mick Lyons the same, I felt sorry for him as I saw a fella doing the best he could for us, the nicknames made me laugh too, "Apricot","Herbie","Maxie", and the cries of "jockey him" when he was facing a winger, all good fun for an eight year old at the game.

He left us for Tulsa Roughnecks(only Terry eh?:))then returned home with Wrexham, I was at Goodison for the cup tie back in 1980 when he received a great ovation on his return home,(although red never suited him:))and then played a big role in Howards backroom team for the glory of the mid 1980's,he did sterling service at Blackburn too during their golden period,

Thanks for the memories Terry,

Howie get a bevvy ready for him and chat about the glory days:)

RIP
Well said, mate!! Cracking accolade for a lovely guy and a committed Blue. RIP Terry D. A modest guy from a bygone era. He knew he had struck lucky to play for us. My mum used to teach his kids for a short while in Maghull/Lydiate and said he was a nice guy!!

Gutted on hearing this,

feel free to move this mods if you wish,

another part of my childhood growing up has departed the Everton scene,
the inspiration for my moniker on this fine forum of ours, I got my first season ticket aged eight, now don't get me wrong most of us of a certain vintage would never say he was the most cultured to wear the Royal Blue, but he always was committed, gave 110% and would put his head in for the cause(I recall Latch knocking him unconscious at Old Trafford!!)that first season for me 1973-74 I recall Terry getting unmerciful stick off the crowd, the local lads did back then, Mick Lyons the same, I felt sorry for him as I saw a fella doing the best he could for us, the nicknames made me laugh too, "Apricot","Herbie","Maxie", and the cries of "jockey him" when he was facing a winger, all good fun for an eight year old at the game.

He left us for Tulsa Roughnecks(only Terry eh?:))then returned home with Wrexham, I was at Goodison for the cup tie back in 1980 when he received a great ovation on his return home,(although red never suited him:))and then played a big role in Howards backroom team for the glory of the mid 1980's,he did sterling service at Blackburn too during their golden period,

Thanks for the memories Terry,

Howie get a bevvy ready for him and chat about the glory days:)

RIP
? ? Love this. Rest in Peace Terry

My favourite memory of Terry was against Burnley at Turf Moor.
Terry collected a short pass from our Goalie and saw acres of space ahead.
So he set off at pace,ball at feet.
In those days the dugout at Turf Moor was below pitch level.
Terry charged forward head down. Unfortunately he had got his angles wrong.
Terry and ball ended up on top of all our bench in the dugout.

God bless you Terry
Thanks for all the memories
RIP

As someone said, he had a surprisingly long career at Goodison making his debut aged 17 in 1968. Great memories watching him close up from the Paddock. He always gave everything and was hard as nails. Just before he left he was playing some of the best football of his life. He had started the 78/79 season as first choice right back as we went on a terrific unbeaten run. But after the signing of Colin Todd he was consigned to the bench and the odd UEFA Cup match and so he left for pastures new (well, Tulsa Roughnecks). Gone far too soon. R.I.P. Terry. A true Everton great.

Status
Not open for further replies.