My hero Terry.RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry Darracott - his love of Everton shone through. We were honoured to have him speak (brilliantly) at the Harry Catterick centenary event in 2019. Rest In peace, Terry - from the EFC heritage society -

1648057509510.png

Gutted on hearing this,

feel free to move this mods if you wish,

another part of my childhood growing up has departed the Everton scene,
the inspiration for my moniker on this fine forum of ours, I got my first season ticket aged eight, now don't get me wrong most of us of a certain vintage would never say he was the most cultured to wear the Royal Blue, but he always was committed, gave 110% and would put his head in for the cause(I recall Latch knocking him unconscious at Old Trafford!!)that first season for me 1973-74 I recall Terry getting unmerciful stick off the crowd, the local lads did back then, Mick Lyons the same, I felt sorry for him as I saw a fella doing the best he could for us, the nicknames made me laugh too, "Apricot","Herbie","Maxie", and the cries of "jockey him" when he was facing a winger, all good fun for an eight year old at the game.

He left us for Tulsa Roughnecks(only Terry eh?:))then returned home with Wrexham, I was at Goodison for the cup tie back in 1980 when he received a great ovation on his return home,(although red never suited him:))and then played a big role in Howards backroom team for the glory of the mid 1980's,he did sterling service at Blackburn too during their golden period,

Thanks for the memories Terry,

Howie get a bevvy ready for him and chat about the glory days:)

RIP

Sorry for your loss, Dario.

Your devotion to Terry on here over the years makes me think of you almost as a member of his family.

RIP Terry.

Gutted on hearing this,

feel free to move this mods if you wish,

another part of my childhood growing up has departed the Everton scene,
the inspiration for my moniker on this fine forum of ours, I got my first season ticket aged eight, now don't get me wrong most of us of a certain vintage would never say he was the most cultured to wear the Royal Blue, but he always was committed, gave 110% and would put his head in for the cause(I recall Latch knocking him unconscious at Old Trafford!!)that first season for me 1973-74 I recall Terry getting unmerciful stick off the crowd, the local lads did back then, Mick Lyons the same, I felt sorry for him as I saw a fella doing the best he could for us, the nicknames made me laugh too, "Apricot","Herbie","Maxie", and the cries of "jockey him" when he was facing a winger, all good fun for an eight year old at the game.

He left us for Tulsa Roughnecks(only Terry eh?:))then returned home with Wrexham, I was at Goodison for the cup tie back in 1980 when he received a great ovation on his return home,(although red never suited him:))and then played a big role in Howards backroom team for the glory of the mid 1980's,he did sterling service at Blackburn too during their golden period,

Thanks for the memories Terry,

Howie get a bevvy ready for him and chat about the glory days:)

RIP

Before my time really (born in '77), but the sentiments remind me a bit of how I feel about Phil Neville.(I say a bit because obviously Phil is not my all time Everton hero, that honour goes to Tricky.) Who would you say the better player was?

Status
Not open for further replies.