Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
like i've posted on the Osman thread I wish Everton 'supporters' would support our players.

Naismith is not a winger, wasn't at Rangers won't be for us but he scored goals when played in his best position. He might not be PL quality but give the guy a chance to show what he can do in his position and he might just prove that he can do a job for us.

He might not be a 1st choice starter be he does provide depth, options and he does work his socks off.

Supporters support and if you can't do better shut up.

I reckon there's a fair chance I could do better.

I'm f*cking terrible too though.

I do find it funny the way he seems to play good every time he's not playing at goodison. Honestly think his confidence when playing infront of our fans is gone. He was fantastic in pre-season and seems to play well away from home. Honestly think the constant abuse he gets has got to him.

I watched a lot of Rangers games on tv the season jelavic was on fire. Naismith was their second best player but was most effective as a second srtiker - so he was always going to be playing somewhere else for us. You have to factor in a serious knee injury but I believe he would be better off and more comfortable in The Champoinship. Pre season form sometimes means very little. When the real games started Jelavic looked like he did last season for example.

I watched a lot of Rangers games on tv the season jelavic was on fire. Naismith was their second best player but was most effective as a second srtiker - so he was always going to be playing somewhere else for us. You have to factor in a serious knee injury but I believe he would be better off and more comfortable in The Champoinship. Pre season form sometimes means very little. When the real games started Jelavic looked like he did last season for example.

That's a double whammy right there.

I do find it funny the way he seems to play good every time he's not playing at goodison. Honestly think his confidence when playing infront of our fans is gone. He was fantastic in pre-season and seems to play well away from home. Honestly think the constant abuse he gets has got to him.

When's he played well away from Goodison? He was ok at Chelsea and that's all I remember.

...he's been poor but I do think he might have a little bit about him so I'm not writing him off just yet. Scored a few decent goals in the pre-season he joined and could be one of those blokes who pop up with an important goal or two, especially from the bench. He's actually ok in the air. I don't think he's a winger and assume he's best playing off a central striker.

...call it premonition, but you will see that I said he could pop up with an important goal. As soon as I saw him playing today I backed up my opinion with a bet @ 16-1 just before the kick off. Ironically its Naismith and my birthday today, so treble celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back