Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he just controlled a pass now and again or if one of his passes went to a team mate it could make things easier to like him. however all he does is run around in no particular direction, he works hard but he's pish

Questioning his ability fair enough, but his work rate, thats harsh. He puts in a shift every game and lets face it, he's playing out of position.

Yep, cash in in the summer to a Championship side, I can't make excuses for him anymore. Sure, he's out of position, but that's no excuse for not being to trap an easy ball with his foot instead of his f&*king shin.

Die bellend

WA2771273.jpg

Oviedo did more when he came on than Naismith did. Oviedo is much closer to the type of player Mirallas is, so why not use him instead of the blonde jock

Oviedo is a superior player and anyone with a footballing IQ of over 30 can see that. When you see players getting big minutes and doing nothing with them, it is to do with the contract and not the coach. The coach only picks the team around 70% these days. Most premiership contracts are nowadays similar to Spanish ones. They come with built in minutes penalties, assist and goal bonuses and of course increased pay usually of about 5% - 10% for every year they stay with the club of they are a good player. This is now standard in the premiership contracts. Naismith probably has an excellent contract and good for him. I can tell you for nothing Mirallas has a far weaker contract than Naismith and that is down to the agent being in weaker bargaining positioning in Mirallas coming from the Greek league.

If you want to have fun, come to Spain. The agents are usually big friends with the coach. If the player has big bonuses built into in contract for goals scored, the agent will offer the coach a cut of the bonus as long as the player gets the minutes he needs to score them.

3 times he couldnt trap the ball from a simple pass? this has happened at nearly every game this season. Anyone earning a salary for playing football, regardless of what level, should have the ability to trap a ball.

What he said. I've never seen a footballer with such poor control. He gets in the way of other players and is so slow at getting back in to position after he's lost the ball. I'd almost go as far as to say he's a liability because if players run beyond him and he loses it easily like he was tonight then the side are out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back