Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays because he has a very good contract that guarantees him a certain amount of minutes per season. If he does not hit this number of minutes, Everton have to pay a financial penalty.

The FA do not allow contracts that exert outside pressure on team selection, ie must play so many games/minutes or certain postitions.

Wether he turns out to be a good\bad signing in the long run I don't get why people don't support him while he's adapting at this level.

I'd prefer to see Oviedo used more too, as I think he's more naturally gifted, but Naismith does some things well and he works hard. His performances will improve as he grows in confidence. That's not likely to happen when everyone is on his back every time he makes a mistake.

Questioning his ability fair enough, but his work rate, thats harsh. He puts in a shift every game and lets face it, he's playing out of position.

Anno what u mean mate but in the entire first half felli Osman pienaar Baines all chipped in and came into the game from their positions to make plays or start link ups. He runs in all the wrong directions... I wouldn't of even minded if he could do the simple stuff right but he can't and he can't on a consistent basis

What he said. I've never seen a footballer with such poor control. He gets in the way of other players and is so slow at getting back in to position after he's lost the ball. I'd almost go as far as to say he's a liability because if players run beyond him and he loses it easily like he was tonight then the side are out of position.

Couldnt agree more. If I was a manager, i would be telling my player to not dive in to win the ball, just stand off him, wait for him to try and control the ball and you will be within a great chance to just take the ball and run.

Heitinga was much worse for me and his play could have been way more costly to us. Naismith was poor though, his pace is laughable. He is not a winger, and needs to be played in games where we have control of the midfield and can afford to use him behind Jelavic so he doesn't have to be as mobile so he can play touches off to other people/link up with Jelavic.

He had a poor game, but no taxi for Naismith in my opinion.
He's a good tackler, but his first touch and passing are extremely poor at times.

Perhaps when he's played in his natural position he may well play better.

Die bellend

tumblr_mewgwmZXcP1r5mzd8.jpg

He had a poor game, but no taxi for Naismith in my opinion.
He's a good tackler, but his first touch and passing are extremely poor at times.

Perhaps when he's played in his natural position he may well play better.

I cant deal with the sense spoken in this post!

Spot on mate. Get off his back!

He had a poor game today but he's not really a wide player is he? He's a useful player. I really do think he'll get goals for us in behind the striker. Give him a break ladz

I hate how people say "he has a good work rate". For me, "working" as a footballer is demanding the ball in difficult situations, being clever, utilising what you have. Pienaar comes into that bracket. Unfortunately, this thinly haired turd has no footballing ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back