Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but even though he is playing out of position his ability and work rate are diabolical he could have his own section on soccer am with the amount of gaffes he does... Seriously why not Oviedo, Coleman, anichebe, Barkley all over him in that position he's completely useless
i agree...he hasnt a place in our starting eleven,anichebe and even oviedo did far more than him when they came on

Fast losing faith in this lad, simply doesn't look cut out for this level. And while I agree he's quite clearly not a right winger, that doesn't account for his horrendous lack of ability on the ball.

It's actually easier to control the ball out wide though, because you can see more of the game and you tend to have more space. In a central area he'd get crowded out and that lack of control would be highlighted even more.

His control tonight was amateur at best. He works hard but that's only cos he's so slow he has to work hard to make up any ground after he's lost the ball. He does have a good knack of getting on the end of things in the box but very often he tends to get in the way of other players when he's doing it. It's like he's playing his own game and has no real idea of where he should be. (I'd like to add challenging for the same ball seems to be quite common for Everton players at the minute, FFS someone shout!)

Please retract that comment.... You dont get more space.... You have cut inside, backwards and forward.....

In the middle you have a full 360.

It has othing to do with that anyway. Im all for giving him all the time he needs. I think hes a typical Everton player. He works hard

I dont think he is good enough, but his confidence is so low, you can tell. He is struggling to even control the ball.

He can obviously do it, he is a 'pro baller'. :)

Yeh, but he's a scottish 'pro-baller'! How good can he be? For me, he's the worst player in the team at the moment, and that takes some doing when heitinga's in there!

Let's be clear here. We will not finish in the top 4 if he is starting regularly. Simply not good enough for that level. I'm sure he's a nice lad, he works hard, but both his lack of technical ability and the fact he's playing there because we don't have another fit right winger indicates he shouldn't be a long-term solution.

if you mean footballing brain..he dont have one

Of course he does.....he knows whats going on around him. Its his technical ability thats off par at the moment!

He makes clever runs and gets into space. Hes short on confidence and ****s himself at times in possession.

It will all come with experience

He needs Oz to teach him how to boss a pitch when you are so damn small. His first touch was poor and he wasn't quick or agile enough to avoid the bullies.

The key advantage he has over Mirallas is that his thighs aren't made of styrofoam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back