Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Naismith is in the team because he works hard defensively and offers protection for the full back.Unfortunately, he doesn't offer anything going forward(at the moment) being caught for strength and pace.
As has alrady been pointed out repeatedly he is out of place on the wing.
I think he is a usefull squad player,I don't think he will ever be more than that,but not everybody in a squad of twenty players can be in the first eleven every week.
Last night Naismith was no worse than half a dozen other players,Pienaar ,in particular had a stinker.If played as a second striker in a team that was playing well I think he could be quite worthwhile

naismith is really poor... its too bad... i dont mean any ill will to the lad but anichibe should be starting ahead of him at the moment

Neither Naismith or Anichebe should be anywhere near the right wing. Unfortunately, due to injuries, we've had to play one or the other there.

Once Belg is back to full fitness, we'll be sound.

On Naismith, I thought he put a fair amount of effort in first half but he's just not Premier League quality.

Neither Naismith or Anichebe should be anywhere near the right wing. Unfortunately, due to injuries, we've had to play one or the other there.

Once Belg is back to full fitness, we'll be sound.

On Naismith, I thought he put a fair amount of effort in first half but he's just not Premier League quality.

Naismith did well for 30 mins then his legs go , & how many times did he back into their keeper on set pieces??????

He stands there for goal kicks then just wanders off.

Thought he looked sharp up top last night.

I agree. He's the single attacking player most in form, right now.

But if you're going to pick fellaini and Jelavic too, the only way to get Vic into the team is Osman at RW. And play how we did against chelsea and west ham.

Naismith did well for 30 mins then his legs go , & how many times did he back into their keeper on set pieces??????

Fancy a former Rangers striker giving it some argy bargy with the former Celtic keeper. So far as Naismith goes - he doesnt seem to have properly recovered from his knee surgery (was it multiple knee surgeries?) and is either regaining full fitness very slowly or just doesnt have the legs for 90 minutes anymore even though he mid twenties and only played scottish football up till signing for us.
As I will write elsewhere last night was just a bad day at the office - we are lucky not to lose after that first half sort of similar to the bottle job we threw in versus Reading. Keeps it all exciting with most others losing this weekend but wed like a bit of margin for when we play really poorly later in the season - but this is Everton - we dont do winning margin.

I agree. He's the single attacking player most in form, right now.

But if you're going to pick fellaini and Jelavic too, the only way to get Vic into the team is Osman at RW. And play how we did against chelsea and west ham.

Which is why I'd drop Jelavic. He's in terrible form right now and needs a big kick up the arse to get going. Bolton and West Brom aren't bad games to rest him for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back