Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chop his legs off an have him melted down for glue, at least then he might serve some purpose, a dreadful footballer who has somehow obtained favourite status with Moyes, Oviedo must be fuming, an rightly so

Naismith Neville right side partnership.....

Worst in the prem... it was that bad no-one would even play the ball the that side after the 70th minute because they are absoloutly awful... Mirallas chose to shoot instead of laying it off for Naismith... I never, ever, ever want to see them 2 occupying the right side of our team together ever again...:@

pretty much made it easy for Southampton to concentrate defending on the left side because they had nothing at all to be worried about across the park

The sooner Mirallas gets fit the better, Naismith really isn't offering us much out there. If we can have Coleman and Mirallas fit together, then we have a real threat down that side. Coupled with Baines/Pienaar on the left we should start playing much better again.

Naismith definitely looks like a more central player, hasn't got the pace or ball skills to play as a wide man

I know everyone is all about keeping the Baines and Pienaar combo together, but if Mirallas still isn't fit to start, I'd much rather see Oviedo start at left mid and push Pienaar to the right. At least that way Naismith doesn't see the field and we maintain at least some balance.

When hes scored poacher goals this season. Possibly, but i'm bemoaning the fact he's playing out of position, if you're going to use him, at least use him right.

Ok mate x

We have a winner.

I sometimes wonder if Evertonians actually understand that players are better at playing when put in their preferred positions.

Apparently not.

If Cahill had been played on the right wing for the first 6 months of his Everton career he would have been hated. The same is happening with Naismith. Naismith and Cahill are virtually the same player. Good in the air, up for a battle, not world beaters with the ball at their feet and no real pace. The difference is that Cahill was always played in the position he thrived in.

I would rater have Oviedo out there. Possibly even break up the Baines/Pienaar partnership. Teams know that is the way to stop us, and despite this we continue to play through our left side 75% of the time.

Naismith brings nothing to the team. His first touch is terrible, his passing not sharp enough, and he cannot take on a man for the life of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back