Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mick he's not good enough for Norwich or Stoke never mind us
Yes he had a decent game on Saturday, Does that mean I should change my opinion on him after one half decent 90mins

I hate the way people bang on with "He gave 100%" "He was everwhere" etc etc, He does all of those things because he's a awful footballer
Like I said its all opinions, If you or anyone else think he's good enough to play for Everton then that's up to you

Really?

Anyway, so my opinion is different to yours...I thought he had a good game; he looks to be regaining his confidence and he will only become better as the season continues...

This, of course, is my opinion...

Naismith had a really good game on Saturday and deserves credit. He worked his socks off and provided the team with a work ethic and supported Coleman brilliantly.

He's no Messi, but Saturday was a far sight better than what we got out of him last year

He was very much Dirk Kuyt over on that right wing. Worked hard and along with Coleman negated their left hand threat almost out of the game. Also got a goal in him. Won't always be the best option there but more of the same and he's a useful lid to have in the squad for particularly this type of game.

Hes never going to be world beater- like I said but he had a good game Saturday. So ****ging our players off after they have a good game is embarassing in my opinion. While he wears our blue he'll get my support. If he can play consistently like he did on Saturday he'll be a decent squad member.

He played ok Mick I agree but so what?

Just because he plays for Everton does not mean I will support him blindly, This place isn't RAWK

Did ok on Saturday - he is surprisingly good in the air...think he beat Ashley Cole nearly every time.. Gave us a target with no Felli in there.

He was very much Dirk Kuyt over on that right wing. Worked hard and along with Coleman negated their left hand threat almost out of the game. Also got a goal in him. Won't always be the best option there but more of the same and he's a useful lid to have in the squad for particularly this type of game.

Good comparison, not as good as Kuyt but similar player.

His passing yesterday was good apart from the one poor cross.

Except for the first 5 mins or so of the second half when he gave it away nearly every time he touched it. Saturday was probably his best game for us and it's always nice to see a player get a great ovation when they've scored the winner in a 1-0 win like that.

But my opinion hasn't changed on him, I personally don't think he's good enough for Everton and hope to see someone more comfortable on the ball playing in that role in the final third.

Agree with Del, you cant forgive and forget the previous putrid performances from Naismith because of the performance on Saturday (still laced with poor distribution, might I add). Let him earn his redemption a little more before he's considered a first team player in the making. That's not being harsh, it's being realistic.

BTW, I think he's going to get as much game-time under this manager as he did under the last. Martinez seems to stress the importance of off the ball performance as much as what players do with it at their feet (which gives Naismith half a chance, I suppose!).

I think Naismith is perhaps somewhat of a Park Ji Sung, works his socks off and has performed well in the big games he has played in (Chelsea, this season and last, Liverpool last year to name a few)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back