Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
New start. We need the cup win to progress to round 5 and a chance of Wembley, but we also need it for the league campaign.

After what's happened it would be a huge deflation if we went out today...and we cant have players learning on the job in a huge game like this.

I’d agree with this if I wasn’t certain that Patterson is already a much better player than Coleman currently.

Top ones can: Walker, James, Robertson, Zinchenko...beyond that?
Coufal
Cresswell
Livramento
Tomiyasu
Reguillon

All good at both ends

I know you've already written off Patterson for some reason, but he needs to be given a chance, and cup rather than league makes sense. Coleman can't play Saturday Tuesday any more so Patterson today Coleman Tuesday is the sensible call for me.

Its not like Colemans form means he should even play every game anyway. He's making mistakes you would never have seen from him 2 or 3 years ago and too many of them

Coufal
Cresswell
Livramento
Tomiyasu
Reguillon

All good at both ends

I know you've already written off Patterson for some reason, but he needs to be given a chance, and cup rather than league makes sense. Coleman can't play Saturday Tuesday any more so Patterson today Coleman Tuesday is the sensible call for me.

Its not like Colemans form means he should even play every game anyway. He's making mistakes you would never have seen from him 2 or 3 years ago and too many of them
You know the reason why, the same reason why he has/had issues with Ferguson, Weir, Jelavic, Naismith etc

Depending on what the coaches think he can handle in game time mate he should be pretty much playing whenever possible now
I'd start him today. Even though he's pretty inexperienced, from what I've seen of him he's already better than Kenny and Coleman has been in very poor form of late it has to be said. If he's fit, I'd also start Mykolenko on the other flank. He'll add balance to the team which is always important.

He can defend better than patterson. Trust me, Ilve seen him *defend*: jogging back from the halfway line when his own team lose the ball.
Not saying you didn't see this but he did nothing of the sort with the u23s. Bombed up and down the wing and had tackles flying in. I guess we'll likely see today anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back