Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich almost certainly leaves in the summer and I think it probably strengthens us overall. Gordon - DCL - Gray as a front 3 with the Rich money going on centre backs and midfielders who can tackle and pass.

Perfect game to start Patterson today, Brentford are crap and it means Coleman doesn’t have to play 2 games in quick succession. He’ll be in for Newcastle.
Christ, selling Richarlison and replacing him with Gordon improves us?

MATE?

Yes im aware you said you would improve the rest of team, but my God, why do you people rate Gordon so highly?

On
Morning Joe. I respectfully disagree mate. I believe it's a bigger risk to play Seamus at the moment due to his form and the number of mistakes he's been making, and Kenny just isn't good enough i'm afraid. I accept that Patterson isn't the finished article yet and that he has a lot, in fact an awful lot to learn. But the only way he is going to learn, and indeed arguably the best and quickest way to learn, is actually on the job. And rather the FA cup 4th round than a genuine 6 pointer league match against a relegation rival. At his age and stage in his career he's ahead of Robertson, and not too far behind Tierney, certainly at International level anyway. I appreciate Tierney played a lot more club games by this age.

I may be proved wrong and he has an absolute stinker and be at fault for us going out of the cup. But the same could be said if we started with Coleman based on his last dozen or so performances.
On paper all thats true Fred, but we're an unforgiving fanbase, We all know Seamus has needed replacing for years but if we throw a kid in at the deepend and he sinks and causes us to go out of the cup - clouds return again for the toon game. We shouldve replaced Coleman with a rb ready to start like Digne was for Baines not on someone whos good at going forward but defensively is suspect in the future maybe he'll learn but I fear we're going to still be looking for a rb in the summer AGAIN. Hopefully youre right and im wrong but I dont think Patterson was even the best young Scottish rb in Glasgow.

Christ, selling Richarlison and replacing him with Gordon improves us?

MATE?

Yes im aware you said you would improve the rest of team, but my God, why do you people rate Gordon so highly?

The rose tinted glasses are on, I’ve drank the Kool aid, I’m all in on Franks Everton revolution. Rich almost certainly won’t be here next year so we have to get planning now. Tony gets better game on game, put 2 on a plate that were missed against Villa. Our future will be filled with hungry lads with a point to prove/who want to be here. Sell big and reinvest wisely.

The rose tinted glasses are on, I’ve drank the Kool aid, I’m all in on Franks Everton revolution. Rich almost certainly won’t be here next year so we have to get planning now. Tony gets better game on game, put 2 on a plate that were missed against Villa. Our future will be filled with hungry lads with a point to prove/who want to be here. Sell big and reinvest wisely.
Lets hope PSG read this forum and buy Gordon for 70million instead.

On
On paper all thats true Fred, but we're an unforgiving fanbase, We all know Seamus has needed replacing for years but if we throw a kid in at the deepend and he sinks and causes us to go out of the cup - clouds return again for the toon game. We shouldve replaced Coleman with a rb ready to start like Digne was for Baines not on someone whos good at going forward but defensively is suspect in the future maybe he'll learn but I fear we're going to still be looking for a rb in the summer AGAIN. Hopefully youre right and im wrong but I dont think Patterson was even the best young Scottish rb in Glasgow.
Fair enough. But obviously the Scottish manager does and he seems to be doing OK at the moment. plus by all accounts the Rangers fans think highly of him too and there was a huge number join the forum to wish him luck and pass comment on the player we're getting. The only time I've seen that before was with all the turks when we bought Tosun. I hope that isn't a pointer. lol

As you say, let's hope I'm right and you're wrong.

What makes you think survival is assured later in the season if we persist with one of the clear problems of our demise? We all know the joke, Coleman receives the ball, looks forward, opens mouth then passes backwards. That won't change. Maybe for a game or two but the Seamus of the last few seasons will come back & disappoint as usual. If both Patterson & Coleman are poor defensively then i want the different attacking style & thinking of Patterson to try to give us a new approach because the current one wasn't working. I'm also not saying Patterson will work either but we know the Coleman way doesn't work anymore.
Coleman is also part of the being closed down too easily problem we have which results in the inevitable hoof from Pickford or Keane. I think Patterson has the confidence to seek & actually play the pass forward when he receives it.
Time for change.
The comical thing here is that you have no idea about Patterson but are willing to gamble the whole of our defensive integrity with him in.

Both Benitez and the galloot never had him in the matchday squads...and I expect the same today with Lampard. They all work(ed) with these players in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back