Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone thinks he’s starting any time soon they need to have a word. Looking half decent in the u23s means nothing. He obviously isn’t fit. He will be but part until next season.

Frank knows best.

If anyone thinks he’s starting any time soon they need to have a word. Looking half decent in the u23s means nothing. He obviously isn’t fit. He will be but part until next season.

Frank knows best.
He needs to get some playing time soon, because he is our right back next season.

He needs to get some playing time soon, because he is our right back next season.
Unless we concede that we punted it and move him for what can be recovered.

He's young enough that it wouldn't be all that expensive of a flier if it doesn't work out.

He'll get a start later in the season when the relegation threat is gone.
Probably this. If we go on a Martinez-at-Wigan tear in the next month, we'll likely see a lot of the kids throughout the squad during the run-in.

Unless we concede that we punted it and move him for what can be recovered.

He's young enough that it wouldn't be all that expensive of a flier if it doesn't work out.

Mate, he will be our right back. He is not being sold. He comes with a very good reputation. Like other young players, he needs some minutes to start integrating him to the team and the PL.

Mate, he will be our right back. He is not being sold. He comes with a very good reputation. Like other young players, he needs some minutes to start integrating him to the team and the PL.
I tend to agree, but sometimes players bust for seemingly no good reason. Scouting is not an exact science. Sometimes they have weaknesses that aren't apparent until after they move, or there is a personnel change at the club. Sometimes their head gets into a bad place. Sometimes they get hurt, and are never quite the same afterward.

He needs minutes to perform, but it's likely that the imperative to stay in the top flight will take precedence in the short run unless injuries/suspensions/COVID etc. leave no alternative. Often times, that's when players break through in any event.

I tend to agree, but sometimes players bust for seemingly no good reason. Scouting is not an exact science. Sometimes they have weaknesses that aren't apparent until after they move, or there is a personnel change at the club. Sometimes their head gets into a bad place. Sometimes they get hurt, and are never quite the same afterward.

He needs minutes to perform, but it's likely that the imperative to stay in the top flight will take precedence in the short run unless injuries/suspensions/COVID etc. leave no alternative. Often times, that's when players break through in any event.
I agree with your assessment. He was on the bench today, so he presumably was in with a shout.

We may actually be in a situation with him where we have a young and talented understudy in a position who just needs careful management. Successive managers have not wanted to use youth so we’re not used to it. His reputation is really good and I’m sure he will get on the pitch at some point.

I could be incorrect but I feel Frank just recently being appointed, felt he had to abide by a form of decorum and not immediately displace the team captain with a 20 year old. I think that creates a dilemma because the current mediocre right back is a notable club figure with a distinguished history. Everton's over indulgence in sentimentality has been major factor in the absence of a replacement over the past 3 years. Baines was a similar scenario, the players become so sacred there's reluctance to supplant them with a new player

I thought he might have got a cameo in the final few minutes, just to give him a taste of that glorious atmosphere when Goodison is rocking, and didn't I even see JJK come on late, or was I wearing my blue tinted glasses? It just shows, everyone will get a chance as and when, in Frank we trust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back