Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad ain’t starting tomorrow guys.
TBH I'm unsure if I want to see him play. Some of the negativity (from those that will remain nameless) makes me wonder if he will get a fair shake.

He's very young but, for his age, a prodigious talent IMHO. Like all players he WILL make mistakes and God help him against those that, appear to me are praying he fails.

Geez what a club!!!!

I don't agree with that assessment, I think Coleman has been very lackluster this season. His composure has been very shaky and the amount of perpetual crucial errors he creates rivals keane. He's always been a consummate professional , a popular figure in the team with a positive and committed deposition which factors into the fact managers continue to select him. But performance wise he's just been on the decline. patterson might not be the immediate answer but Coleman playing on a regular basis isn't sustainable. Even if a rotation was possible I'd be accepting of his involvement. He just isnt able to handle the strain of playing on the regular with his past injuries and age.
Well I disagree again. There's a lot of group think on Coleman this season. In most cases the criticism isn't justified.

Those people are also basing their criticism on the belief there is someone substantially more able to come into the team and do better. But Lampard has knocked that one out of the park today. He sees all the players in training- just as Benitez did - and he sees Patterson as being nowhere near a start.

If, as you say they see him in training and he's 'not ready' why not play him in the U23's?

What is the point of having him and JJK on the bench... if he's 'not ready'???????
They have. And they also put him on the bench to get the feel of the PL match experience and also have him there in the event of a string of RB injuries.

TBH I'm unsure if I want to see him play. Some of the negativity (from those that will remain nameless) makes me wonder if he will get a fair shake.

He's very young but, for his age, a prodigious talent IMHO. Like all players he WILL make mistakes and God help him against those that, appear to me are praying he fails.

Geez what a club!!!!

I wouldn’t be too concerned about posters online, they don’t represent what happens at Goodison.

They have. And they also put him on the bench to get the feel of the PL match experience and also have him there in the event of a string of RB injuries.
LMFAO
He played, for an hour in ONE U23 game. Created the only goal of the game... from midfield, touching the ball twice. Only other time he got a chance to cross, he put a terrific ball into the box. I watched the game, the team didn't play down the right ALL game. It was like they didn't want to pass to him?

I'm sure sitting on the bench in PL games is dramatically different from the the bench in the SPL or European Competitions or Internationals... man you are a sad soul fella :zzz:

LMFAO
He played, for an hour in ONE U23 game. Created the only goal of the game... from midfield, touching the ball twice. Only other time he got a chance to cross, he put a terrific ball into the box. I watched the game, the team didn't play down the right ALL game. It was like they didn't want to pass to him?

I'm sure sitting on the bench in PL games is dramatically different from the the bench in the SPL or European Competitions or Internationals... man you are a sad soul fella :zzz:

Thanks peacemaker. Frank Lampard has a message for you though.

I've appreciated everything Seamus has given to the club.

Even if I think that pursuing Son only to check if he was ok is possibly the worst captaining of any team, in any sport, at any level.

I could understand if he could still defend but doesn't have the legs to attack however it's blatantly obvious he has the legs for neither.

Kenny can defend, Patterson can attack. Coleman can no longer do either.

Make your choice Frank.

Care to answer ANY of my points?
You continue to ask why Frank Lampard continues to not play Patterson, and point to his inclusion as a benchwarmer not making sense. I'm merely guessing what's in Lampard's mind based on his - now clarified - position that the lad is well off a start for this football club.

I've appreciated everything Seamus has given to the club.

Even if I think that pursuing Son only to check if he was ok is possibly the worst captaining of any team, in any sport, at any level.

I could understand if he could still defend but doesn't have the legs to attack however it's blatantly obvious he has the legs for neither.

Kenny can defend, Patterson can attack. Coleman can no longer do either.

Make your choice Frank.
Kenny can defend at this PL level; Patterson can attack at a lower level of club football and for a lower level of international team against lowly international competition.

You continue to ask why Frank Lampard continues to not play Patterson, and point to his inclusion as a benchwarmer not making sense. I'm merely guessing what's in Lampard's mind based on his - now clarified - position that the lad is well off a start for this football club.
Why not start him tonight, in the U23's then? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back