Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

The awareness of flick.
The pace to get forward.
The pin point cross.

I also really like how in a massive, massive game for Scotland - with nerves jangling - he made it count with a MOTM display to get them to a World Cup play-off place.

Left footed finish for opener;

He then made the assist for the second;

We don't currently have a full back capable of doing all of the above, IMO.

The lad turned 20 a few months back, just moved to the Prem - hasn't kicked a ball for Everton yet and we have people on his case already?! Wtf is that all about...

As a Scotland fan I had hoped to see young Patterson given some game time at Everton. He left Rangers because he was a backup to the club Captain, but it appears he is now considered third choice at Everton. May I say, third choice to JJK, a player Celtic (you know... in the pub league) had on loan and didn't want. I would doubt he could be pleased with that position. At this point I would happily watch him play in the U23's. I just want to see the lad grow, he has to play... somewhere.
IMHO having both him and JJK sitting on the same bench would beg the question... why? I would ask, those that think he's a bad buy, if they got an offer for him.. what number would they accept?

As a Scotland fan I had hoped to see young Patterson given some game time at Everton. He left Rangers because he was a backup to the club Captain, but it appears he is now considered third choice at Everton. May I say, third choice to JJK, a player Celtic (you know... in the pub league) had on loan and didn't want. I would doubt he could be pleased with that position. At this point I would happily watch him play in the U23's. I just want to see the lad grow, he has to play... somewhere.
IMHO having both him and JJK sitting on the same bench would beg the question... why? I would ask, those that think he's a bad buy, if they got an offer for him.. what number would they accept?
I don't think we would get close to 12 million for him. I don't think we could even get 6 million so I wouldn't sell him. JJK is underrated by Scottish fans because he had one ok loan spell, make no mistake that he would still start for Celtic but then again so would Patterson. I imagine Patterson starts for the 23s tomorrow vs Derby and then gets the Borehamwood game next thursday

I don't think we would get close to 12 million for him. I don't think we could even get 6 million so I wouldn't sell him. JJK is underrated by Scottish fans because he had one ok loan spell, make no mistake that he would still start for Celtic but then again so would Patterson. I imagine Patterson starts for the 23s tomorrow vs Derby and then gets the Borehamwood game next thursday
Think he is being kept back for next season tbh, although I really don't see why we signed him when we needed a first team ready RB and have done for the last 3 years, we could have left Patterson till the summer imo.

Think he is being kept back for next season tbh, although I really don't see why we signed him when we needed a first team ready RB and have done for the last 3 years, we could have left Patterson till the summer imo.
Imagine the fume in here if we left it till the summer and we missed out on him. He's very very highly rated so I'm glad we targeted him and made sure we got him

Yep I honestly don't see what the rush was with signing him for 3 times our initial bid. I can only assume the scouts (whoever they were given all of brands were sacked) got it massively wrong about his readiness.

Yep I honestly don't see what the rush was with signing him for 3 times our initial bid. I can only assume the scouts (whoever they were given all of brands were sacked) got it massively wrong about his readiness.
I can only think they were worried that Slippy might come back in for him.

You're jumping the gun on a sale.

He'll be likely loaned out in the summer to a Championship team to see if he can get up to speed with our game down here.

Correct mate. It's been a waste of resources. We needed a good-to-go first team starter. This club paying £12M-£16M on a prospect in the state we're in tells you all you need to know about Everton.

A basket case of decision making that's not joined up at all. A dog's breakfast of an organisation. Patterson has been caught up in all that.

Bizarre he's not getting a minute even off the bench

Don't think he's had a chance yet, maybe Brentford he could have been brought on at the end. Newcastle we had injuries so no chance, Leeds I think he made the right subs at the right time, yesterday any number of them could have been taken off but in those situations it's in the top 3rd where changes are made.

I would imagine Boreham Wood he'll get his chance to impress and he'll hopefully make enough of an impression that he gets to stay in the side after that.

I'd be very surprised if they chuck him in against City though Colemans performance yesterday was once again absolutely appalling and worthy of being dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back