Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally no one is demanding that or anything like it.

Unreal the level of BS from you, as per usual.

He's an absolutely finished player who's been at fault for more goals than he's created/scored for a while (and possibly even prevented), but he's kept and shockingly honoured because he's served us 42069 years, not because he's good. We're in a relegation battle and we're betting on sentimentality instead of actual player's skill. Jesus wept.
Did you say all that after he scored against Leeds?

Did you say all that after he scored against Leeds?
Yes.

Dave, we've been through this.

I have been saying this about Coleman since the late part of the 2018-19 season. It's been YEARS, David.

Do you want me to bow to the king because he threw himself at a ball? Had that not happened and he didn't reach it - why is our right back at their goal, leaving his entire zone open? Do you think it took magical skill to literally salmon jump towards it? Bet Cristiano looked at that and thought "sod my 2+ meter elevation, THIS is pure technique"?

No. Pure luck. Man's proper Phil Neville up in here and you're kissing his feet.

FWIW he missed several passes and mishit a cross either side of that magical solo goal. But if that's what makes you happy, I guess.

Yes.

Dave, we've been through this.

I have been saying this about Coleman since the late part of the 2018-19 season. It's been YEARS, David.

Do you want me to bow to the king because he threw himself at a ball? Had that not happened and he didn't reach it - why is our right back at their goal, leaving his entire zone open? Do you think it took magical skill to literally salmon jump towards it? Bet Cristiano looked at that and thought "sod my 2+ meter elevation, THIS is pure technique"?

No. Pure luck. Man's proper Phil Neville up in here and you're kissing his feet.

FWIW he missed several passes and mishit a cross either side of that magical solo goal. But if that's what makes you happy, I guess.
Do we really have to hate him and mock him though? Can we not just say he’s past his best and no longer good enough but still being sent out there and doing his best? I don’t know why we have to properly turn on players when their legs go, it’s weird.

Do we really have to hate him and mock him though? Can we not just say he’s past his best and no longer good enough but still being sent out there and doing his best? I don’t know why we have to properly turn on players when their legs go, it’s weird.
I don't hate the person, I hate the player he's become tbh. He used to be very good and had the moment of good crosses and stuff, but as I've said here before - I can't imagine someone being a professional for so many years at the sport and not putting the time in to improve crossing, for example, as his has always been poor.

Even Hibbert (!!!!!!!!) improved his ffs!

I don't hate the person, I hate the player he's become tbh. He used to be very good and had the moment of good crosses and stuff, but as I've said here before - I can't imagine someone being a professional for so many years at the sport and not putting the time in to improve crossing, for example, as his has always been poor.

Even Hibbert (!!!!!!!!) improved his ffs!
I mean it’s a bit mad to suggest he hasn’t tried isn’t it. The blokes been really good for us, and by all accounts is a great pro and a good captain. He’s not at the level we need anymore, he should have been replaced a couple of years ago, but he wasn’t. He’s evidently still seen as ahead of Patterson even with the steep decline we’ve seen, and he’s still doing his best out there. I just feel like some of the stick he gets is totally out of order all things considered.

I mean it’s a bit mad to suggest he hasn’t tried isn’t it. The blokes been really good for us, and by all accounts is a great pro and a good captain. He’s not at the level we need anymore, he should have been replaced a couple of years ago, but he wasn’t. He’s evidently still seen as ahead of Patterson even with the steep decline we’ve seen, and he’s still doing his best out there. I just feel like some of the stick he gets is totally out of order all things considered.
I mean it'd be mad if he had started crossing well.

He hasn't, so I don't think it's mad anymore. He lost the speed he had with the injury and, glad he's back and well now, but he's just not the same player without that, honestly.

He should've been replaced, but he hasn't, and that's not his fault, sure - but also he could do a Baines, just saying. Surely he's self aware at least? People have been running past him and jumping over him for the better part of 2 years now, like...

I don't believe Patterson being unskilled is the issue here - he is raw, yes, but I think it's the coveted "he has experience" that gets the nod ahead of the younger players in the Prem, which is very odd the same people that say that then say "oh but look at the players in Spain and Italy playing since 18"... He showed decent play at Rangers, who played pretty similarly to us in the full-back zones, so...

In the same way Patterson is raw I'd say Coleman was (and maybe still is??) - you don't know what's gonna happen if he has the ball lol

Anyway, away from Coleman - hopefully we get to see the lad soon enough, at least know for sure if he's turd or not ffs. He'll at least be average.

Dave, that.

Edit: imagine hating a 20 year old lad from Glasgow because he played for the blue team, not the green team.
Bet Dave hates Dunc as well. And David Moyes. And quite a few others. lol
Moyes played for the green team in Glasgow and @davek doesnt like him. Dave just calling a spade a spade that patterson is vastly overated and overpriced and wont be a patch on Coleman anytime soon if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back