Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he had a decent half, unlucky to be subbed. He was let down by Andros awful balls to him. Showed a willingness to bomb forward and track back well
He was always going to be subbed if a change of system was needed because clearly Lampard trusts Kenny more than him defensively

No surprise when you take into consideration today was the lad's 16th senior start at club level with the others coming in Scotland

He's not 20mil ffs.

no he isn't

he cost £11m which all things considered right now is still far too much

Everton basically signed a player like they were a team with a competent right-back, not in a relation scrap...

He's the right type of player at the wrong time (right now) but stay up and he could go on to be the right player.

He was always going to be subbed if a change of system was needed because clearly Lampard trusts Kenny more than him defensively

No surprise when you take into consideration today was the lad's 16th senior start at club level with the others coming in Scotland

Not like BW were causing any threat. He snuffed out a few attacks. As it turned out we needed Kenny still on pitch when Myko went off

Is Sally McCoist his agent by any chance. FFS, he was determined to make him sound like Cafu...even when he was getting crosses snuffed out.

He's a winger as far as I can see...and we have them falling out of cupboards at this club. As soon as we switched to a back four with Kenny on that side after the break you could see what we were missing.

The lad cant defend. If he has a future at the club he needs to get RB experience in the Championship and making mistakes there away from us.

He did ok, he's quick. Comfortable on the ball and seems to be a confident kid. Time will tell, but, I think he'll do well here. I don't see him going out on loan next season, in think he'll play quite a few games for us next season. He'll be our back up, if we're still in the premier league and first choice if we are relegated.

I thought he wasn't even adequate enough to start though Dave?
It was Boreham Wood and he coudn't get a cross over with zero defensive duties handed to him.

Kenny comes on and swings three great passes in in the foirst 10 minutes as RB.

Says it all.

It was Boreham Wood and he coudn't get a cross over with zero defensive duties handed to him.

Kenny comes on and swings three great passes in in the foirst 10 minutes as RB.

Says it all.
He was our best player in the first half and Kenny was pretty poor.

Patterson played well and should have stayed on. That said, Kenny was better RB than he was RCB

Not like BW were causing any threat. He snuffed out a few attacks. As it turned out we needed Kenny still on pitch when Myko went off
Well this is another factor though

Look, I think the lad will be a good player. He absolutely wasn't what we needed right now but that's not based on tonight or saying he's a bad player, not one bit. But we needed a starting RB and we got Rangers' second-string, youth product RB.

If we were safely in mid-table it'd be completely understandable, but it was like a severe misunderstanding of where we were.

But, stay up and I think he proves to be in the long run a good acquisition. I thought he was tidy on the ball and looked lively but the system wasn't working.

He did ok, he's quick. Comfortable on the ball and seems to be a confident kid. Time will tell, but, I think he'll do well here. I don't see him going out on loan next season, in think he'll play quite a few games for us next season. He'll be our back up, if we're still in the premier league and first choice if we are relegated.
Can you see him getting up and down that line?

Every time I've seen him play for rangers, Scotland and now Everton he is high up the pitch and plays as an out and out winger. And that's in both 3 at the back and 4 at the back systems. We'd be utterly 'kin mullered against PL outfits with a FB playing that way.

He isn't a complete duffer. I can see that he links up well with balls to feet (and his crossing is usually better than those tripe efforts tonight) but FFS he needs a spell out at a Championship club to give him some defensive capabilities. Clear as day that is.

no he isn't

he cost £11m which all things considered right now is still far too much

Everton basically signed a player like they were a team with a competent right-back, not in a relation scrap...

He's the right type of player at the wrong time (right now) but stay up and he could go on to be the right player.

The two full backs were just crazy signings for January in the middle of a relegation fight.
Selling Digne might just be the worst transfer decision for a long time, and there is seriously stiff competition.

He was our best player in the first half and Kenny was pretty poor.

Patterson played well and should have stayed on. That said, Kenny was better RB than he was RCB
Patterson shouldn't have stayed on though for this simple reason - Kenny offers more defensive solidity that Lampard, right now, trusts.

And that's where Patterson is right now, through no fault of his own. It's just that real life isn't FIFA and you can't sign a lad with such little experience and expect him to be thrown into English football.

Coleman for yet another season. Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back