Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wouldn't go all out for Aarons either tbh.

But Patterson is a worry for me because he's here and if we dont get a couple of very handy CBs this summer I think he'll be unusable - we cant afford a 'FB' who pushes that high up the pitch leaving our defence exposed.
Depends Dave, I still have a feeling the long term plan is 3 at the back, in which case Patterson, with his pace and mobility, may well prove to be exactly what we need. Who knows at this stage?

Depends Dave, I still have a feeling the long term plan is 3 at the back, in which case Patterson, with his pace and mobility, may well prove to be exactly what we need. Who knows at this stage?
We'll see a lot more open football next season.

The thing we need first and foremst is to have two CBs who are very pacy, have good distribution and very good at organising to defend set pieces. If we cant get at least one I'd be very wary of playing a 'defender' who is so far up the pitch at almost all times that he is - in actuality - a winger.

Can’t wait to see this kid tearing up and down the right flank next season, defending better than we have seen for much of this season and crossing and creating chances, supporting the attack.

I love Coleman to bits, and you keep him around for his experience and service, but it’s sad seeing him getting his arse handed to him most weekends. It’s a disgrace that the club has had to rely on him for the past three years.

Can’t wait to see this kid tearing up and down the right flank next season, defending better than we have seen for much of this season and crossing and creating chances, supporting the attack.

I love Coleman to bits, and you keep him around for his experience and service, but it’s sad seeing him getting his arse handed to him most weekends. It’s a disgrace that the club has had to rely on him for the past three years.
If Coleman hadn't have been in that team this season we'd now be preparing to play Huddersfiled and the rest of them in the abyss.

It's absolutely unbelievable to talk about Coleman as a net loss for us in this team. He's provided leadership, assists and a crucial goal in that terrible season that's just ended.

I thought he looked decent as the RCB in the back 3 but his race is run at FB and I expect FL to start the season with 4 atb
Hopefully Patterson steps up, and see no reason why he can't

If Coleman hadn't have been in that team this season we'd now be preparing to play Huddersfiled and the rest of them in the abyss.

It's absolutely unbelievable to talk about Coleman as a net loss for us in this team. He's provided leadership, assists and a crucial goal in that terrible season that's just ended.
Cmon Dave, I’ve just said I love the fella but he was getting targeted by our opponents most weeks, and failing or at fault in many games (he wasn’t the only one in that god awful defence, it has to be said!) I agree, he still did a job in some games and shown incredible leadership and hard work throughout the season, but rb has been an open wound for us for years and it’s criminal that a club our size had to call on sheamo so often and rely on him so much - he ain’t the same player that he was, that’s not having a go at him, just a fact of life as a footballer - you have to agree on that.

Cmon Dave, I’ve just said I love the fella but he was getting targeted by our opponents most weeks, and failing or at fault in many games (he wasn’t the only one in that god awful defence, it has to be said!) I agree, he still did a job in some games and shown incredible leadership and hard work throughout the season, but rb has been an open wound for us for years and it’s criminal that a club our size had to call on sheamo so often and rely on him so much - he ain’t the same player that he was, that’s not having a go at him, just a fact of life as a footballer - you have to agree on that.
If we got decent CBs in and he could focus on getting up the pitch his job would be easier.

I really dont agree that Coleman should be out of the first team. This season proved what incredible levels of fitness he had playing most of the games and in a compressed period of time too. That's not to say he shouldn't be challenged for it every week. We need competition.

I’m hoping that Ashley Cole and Baines can help Patterson if needed to develop his defending.
If you remember when Coleman came into the team after Blackpool his biggest weakness was defending. Paterson is certainly no worse defensively than Coleman when he first came into the team. Moyes still didn’t trust him and played him right midfield. When he did get his chance at right back that season, he made mistakes defensively, particularly positionally. He got better quickly with games so will Paterson.

Where that Trent Whatsisname is attempting to play there today against Hungary - that's the only position Patterson does on the pitch.

It's a calamity of a formation that plays 3 at the back and a FB as practically an out and out winger.

I dont think we'll see Patterson anywhere near an Everton shirt in the PL until he can adapt into a proper FB.

Where that Trent Whatsisname is attempting to play there today against Hungary - that's the only position Patterson does on the pitch.

It's a calamity of a formation that plays 3 at the back and a FB as practically an out and out winger.

I dont think we'll see Patterson anywhere near an Everton shirt in the PL until he can adapt into a proper FB.
Why do you hate the Scottish Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back