2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need him in the team for some attacking threat but I'm not convinced Dyche will warm to him. I can see one mistake and Patterson being shunted to the bench.

We need him in the team for some attacking threat but I'm not convinced Dyche will warm to him. I can see one mistake and Patterson being shunted to the bench.
He doesn't have a single goal or assist for Everton. And only 2 goals 1 assist for rangers, all in cup competitions. Does he actually have attacking threat? His crossing has been generally atrocious too.

How do you know the setback was from the game?

Twitter etc was full of Patterson had gone off injured.

He/his agent/rep tweeted "nice to get the 60 minutes as planned" which felt a response.

Remarkable coincidence a day or so later for Dyche to confirm he'd had a setback.

Twitter etc was full of Patterson had gone off injured.

He/his agent/rep tweeted "nice to get the 60 minutes as planned" which felt a response.

Remarkable coincidence a day or so later for Dyche to confirm he'd had a setback.
That bit about Twitter doesn’t make sense. I watched the game, 1-1 draw against Spurs, and I didn’t see any injury to Patterson , it looked like a normal planned substitution, so I’m not sure what the Twitterati saw that I didn’t.

Here‘s a bit from Paul Tait “ On Garner and Patterson, Tait added: “The aim at the beginning of the night was to get them minutes and for them to come through unscathed and we achieved that.”

That bit about Twitter doesn’t make sense. I watched the game, 1-1 draw against Spurs, and I didn’t see any injury to Patterson , it looked like a normal planned substitution, so I’m not sure what the Twitterati saw that I didn’t.

Here‘s a bit from Paul Tait “ On Garner and Patterson, Tait added: “The aim at the beginning of the night was to get them minutes and for them to come through unscathed and we achieved that.”
He took a knock, played on for a little bit and then when he came off had his knee wrapped in ice/bandaged. Both sides are probably technically true in that it was a planned sub he was able to play through to but he also picked up a knock.

He took a knock, played on for a little bit and then when he came off had his knee wrapped in ice/bandaged. Both sides are probably technically true in that it was a planned sub he was able to play through to but he also picked up a knock.

Is my opinion on it too.

There was talk he'd picked up a knock in that game, which I'm pretty certain prompted the "good to get an hour, as planned"

I'd suggest it was true given a day or so later the manager confirmed he'd had a setback.

Is my opinion on it too.

There was talk he'd picked up a knock in that game, which I'm pretty certain prompted the "good to get an hour, as planned"

I'd suggest it was true given a day or so later the manager confirmed he'd had a setback.

Pretty big coincidence it was his knee that ruled him out as well if it wasn't in that match and he did it the next day or so in training. Would bring more questions than answers really about our rehab and medical staff.

The good to get an hour thing I imagine was he didn't think the injury was as serious as its turned out to be and was being funny with the rumours to play it down. If he isn't playing tonight and Garner is then he's probably done til at least Chelsea if not the international break.

He doesn't have a single goal or assist for Everton. And only 2 goals 1 assist for rangers, all in cup competitions. Does he actually have attacking threat? His crossing has been generally atrocious too.

I'm going by better attacking threat than Coleman but as I type this I'm not convinced that's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back