2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you'd never ask. Lets see patterson started 11 pl games this season. We have won 1 out of those 11 against west ham when maupay actually scored the only goal of the game. He has created 1 chance in those games no goals no assists with a tackle sucess rate of 44%. Coleman has 76% sucess rate over 350 games for comparison. His last outing we got absolutely smashed against brighton which at least a couple of the goals were due to patterson being out of position. Now i like his aggression and determination but he has alot to learn about the game thats for sure.
Not sure where you are getting your stats from mate but that 44% isn’t correct. End of September he had the best tackle success rate in the league of over 82%.

He has attempted an average of 3.9 tackles a game and wins 3 of them. He has won 39 tackles this season out of an attempted 51. Which is a 78% tackle success rate.

Last edited:
Not sure where you are getting your stats from mate but that 44% isn’t correct. End of September he had the best tackle success rate in the league of over 82%.

He has attempted an average of 3.9 tackles a game and wins 3 of them. He has won 39 tackles this season out of an attempted 51. Which is a 78% tackle success rate.
Official premier league stats

Thought you'd never ask. Lets see patterson started 11 pl games this season. We have won 1 out of those 11 against west ham when maupay actually scored the only goal of the game. He has created 1 chance in those games no goals no assists with a tackle sucess rate of 44%. Coleman has 76% sucess rate over 350 games for comparison. His last outing we got absolutely smashed against brighton which at least a couple of the goals were due to patterson being out of position. Now i like his aggression and determination but he has alot to learn about the game thats for sure.

TLDR: Patterson is so good even Maupay scores when theyre on the pitch together.

You gonna mention anything about his mental side or…

You gonna mention anything about his mental side or…
Well i guess i need to spell it out for you sir. Football IQ consists of many different attributes anticipation decision making teamwork vision positioning etc. Improvement needed in all those areas coleman miles ahead in all those departments

You can't really make a argument for him to take his spot back, but he'll need to start one of the Spurs or United games given how close together they are.

This may sound mad, but...I think Patterson would be a great option to bring on for Iwobi at around the 70 minute mark. His pace and strength against a tiring opposition defence could be very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back