2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol you would loan him to the championship and hope he becomes as good as Robinson?

Thats a very harsh take.

Coleman has been like Keane recently.

Done well when sat deep.

He needs a run of games...keeps getting injuries which is terribly unlucky.

If he was being played as Coleman is now he'd be able to develop the defensive side to his game...but we need him to be good going forward as well.
What’s harsh about it?

lol you would loan him to the championship and hope he becomes as good as Robinson?

Thats a very harsh take.

Coleman has been like Keane recently.

Done well when sat deep.

He needs a run of games...keeps getting injuries which is terribly unlucky.

If he was being played as Coleman is now he'd be able to develop the defensive side to his game...but we need him to be good going forward as well.

Yep, that's what I've said, Lampard would have wanted his full back to push on, Dyche first and foremost protects the 18 yard box and central areas and so Coleman isn't being asked to bomb on. Doesn't mean he cant, but he is picking and choosing his moments.

As earlier poster said, Coleman can't be dropped after recent performances but looking forward to Patterson improving enough to be a starter next season.
He was a starter this season and wasn’t good enough what do you think he’s going to do in a pre season of get fit nothing games? Needs competitive football away from us, unless we’re in the championship next season then I’d be looking to add someone else at RB.

He was a starter this season and wasn’t good enough what do you think he’s going to do in a pre season of get fit nothing games? Needs competitive football away from us, unless we’re in the championship next season then I’d be looking to add someone else at RB.
When he was a starter (before he got injured) we had a decent start to the season, Patterson was part of that. He's 21 so I'm not as ready to write him off just yet.

For comparison, in Coleman's debut season 2009/10 when the same age (21) he made no starts but three as sub. The next season he shared games with Hibbert as full back - he didn't turn out too bad.

Patterson along with Onana are the youngest players in the squad - both deserve some time to develop.

When he was a starter (before he got injured) we had a decent start to the season, Patterson was part of that. He's 21 so I'm not as ready to write him off just yet.

For comparison, in Coleman's debut season 2009/10 when the same age (21) he made no starts but three as sub. The next season he shared games with Hibbert as full back - he didn't turn out too bad.

Patterson along with Onana are the youngest players in the squad - both deserve some time to develop.
I know but part of the problem is players being first team starters not ready for first team football in the premier league onana is in that bracket too how many other teams would he be starting for every week? Not many definitely ones for the future, but as of now along with other players we have a poor team.

I agree with much you say but I guess I look for the positives (we've not had too many in recent years).

I'm hopeful that Patterson might make a solid contribution and very hopeful for Onana. Ditto Garner, if we can get through the rest of the season and stay up then I think we'll be in a much better position next season (with the younger players having more game experience, McNeil, Onana, Patterson and Garner).

Apart from Ancelotti we've been "managed" disgracefully since Moyes and we've made just about every mistake going. I'm hopeful with Dyche we can develop a settled approach and starting eleven.

We got any update on where the boy is? Called up to the Scotland squad for internationals yet not been in the first team squad?

Seem to remember he got injured last time he was away with Scotland which is good times.

We got any update on where the boy is? Called up to the Scotland squad for internationals yet not been in the first team squad?

Seem to remember he got injured last time he was away with Scotland which is good times.
He came on as a second half substitute in our 3 - 0 win over Cyprus on Saturday and our 2 - 0 win over Spain tonight...

He played just fine

'Moan the Scots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back