2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you dont rate him Dave - please do not hold back lol
He's young so he has a chance for a break out season. I'd rate his chances no more than that.

He derby performance hints at something better, but he pretty much lived off that for a whole season for some. We ALL should demand something a bit more sustained.

Coleman looked like a Sunday league player when he first got here, his positional awareness and defending were absolutely abysmal. I remember him being destroyed in a europa league game (left back against sporting?) and I also remember him being played at right midfield because he was a defensive liability. Patterson has been evidently better. It was clear to anybody who had eyes Coleman needed to go on loan to a lesser league and he did well at Blackpool and we were better for it and so was he. Coleman was very good when Dyche first came in but he’s not been good enough for a while and was being targeted by opposition for the last 2/3 seasons.

Patterson has looked nothing like as bad as Coleman was when he first arrived, whatsoever. The difference in performances is night and day, he’s clearly our best right back when all are fit but he played for Rangers and isn’t Irish so bigots, bad judges and jingoistic cretins pretend he’s far worse than he is because their parents might have lied to them about Jesus’ favourite colour and Nathan (through no choice of his own) wasn’t born in the right part of the British Isles.

I have no idea why the same people are allowed to continue to block up this thread by spouting inane, bigoted, agenda driven drivel, the forum as a whole is worse off for it.

Coleman looked like a Sunday league player when he first got here, his positional awareness and defending were absolutely abysmal. I remember him being destroyed in a europa league game (left back against sporting?) and I also remember him being played at right midfield because he was a defensive liability. Patterson has been evidently better. It was clear to anybody who had eyes Coleman needed to go on loan to a lesser league and he did well at Blackpool and we were better for it and so was he. Coleman was very good when Dyche first came in but he’s not been good enough for a while and was being targeted by opposition for the last 2/3 seasons.

Patterson has looked nothing like as bad as Coleman was when he first arrived, whatsoever. The difference in performances is night and day, he’s clearly our best right back when all are fit but he played for Rangers and isn’t Irish so bigots, bad judges and jingoistic cretins pretend he’s far worse than he is because their parents might have lied to them about Jesus’ favourite colour and Nathan (through no choice of his own) wasn’t born in the right part of the British Isles.

I have no idea why the same people are allowed to continue to block up this thread by spouting inane, bigoted, agenda driven drivel, the forum as a whole is worse off for it.
Lol.

He's been terrible overall. To compare favourably his insipid performances with what Coleman hands us when he comes into the team is astounding.

Yeah, it's all about agendas though...an agenda that three Everton managers have been carrying out apparently.

The fact of the matter is that we have a 35 year old verteran who WILL get the starting place next season and we'll see Garner and Patterson fight it out to determine who get's to come in when Coleman is not fit.

Only caught the last half hour and he created a couple of chances, one after a superb touch down the line and Doucs hit the bar. Looking good and Seamus can get fit without rushing.

I wonder if they are planning to have Garner play RB and push Patterson further forwards ?
Not sure Patterson is suited to playing further forward. I have watched every minute of his Scotland career, most of his Europa league games for Rangers and almost all of his Everton games. His attacking threat comes almost exclusively from running at pace with plenty of pitch ahead of him. I've almost never seen him beat a player from a standing start.

Status
Not open for further replies.