2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I want to know why his rangers background is “annoying”.
I can understand saying the rangers background is annoying if you care about that sort of thing but I'm not sure i've heard of Patterson saying anything very controversial himself so I would like to hear what that was.

I can understand saying the rangers background is annoying if you care about that sort of thing but I'm not sure i've heard of Patterson saying anything very controversial himself so I would like to hear what that was.
Don’t agree. Young player plays for his local club then comes to us. Shouldn’t be any issues. I dislike clubs for whatever reason, but I don’t hold that against the player if they sign for us.

The only thing I could see is that he wanted to take a penalty against Celtic in the pre season game. Which again, is a player who has played for his local club for years and wants to take a penalty against their rivals.

Don’t agree. Young player plays for his local club then comes to us. Shouldn’t be any issues. I dislike clubs for whatever reason, but I don’t hold that against the player if they sign for us.

The only thing I could see is that he wanted to take a penalty against Celtic in the pre season game. Which again, is a player who has played for his local club for years and wants to take a penalty against their rivals.
Its nothing to do with agreeing I'm not saying thats how I feel about it I'm saying I can understand what somebody means when they say that. If you don't like Rangers as an institution then I can see that its annoying for somebody to have links with them I don't feel that way but it's easy to understand what they're saying.

Maybe people are biased because they just like Celtic, its akin to Benitiez coming here, most just couldn't tolerate it and naturally have that bias. Im not sure its bigotry or the like, how do people know what religion Nathan is, he may be Catholic or a scientologist for all we know, truth is no one knows or should care.

We've had loads of excellent players from Rangers over the years, big Dunc and Arteta are two recent that spring to mind, both are rightly loved and revered here for what they contributed to the club. Nathan if or when he does it will be the same, but hes no there yet.

Ive lived in Glasgow and Belfast, these days it only really matters on match days and even then your still meeting the Rangers lads for pints after. I was at a Celtic CL game a while back ago and got feathered in a Rangers pub with my mates before - was brilliant, all the Celtic pubs were black and i was playing pool with the Rangers lads in a mostly half empty pub before strolling up to Parkhead.

Threads like this are reductive to be honest, its not really an accurate reflection of modern culture on the ground, its jumping to extremes, is anyone who ever critiqued Seams Coleman a member of the Orange Order....

Not a personal comment by the way mate, just a general observation, find this thread massively naive and sad given all the progress made in the cultures and traditions, its very reflective of far away, non lived, stereotypical views of both cultures and traditions, that have largely apart from a few loons, have thankfully passed.

Last edited:
Maybe people are biased because they just like Celtic, its akin to Benitiez coming here, most just couldn't tolerate it and naturally have that bias. Im not sure its bigotry or the like, how do people know what religion Nathan is, he may be Catholic or a scientologist for all we know, truth is no one knows or should care.

We've had loads of excellent players from Rangers over the years, big Dunc and Arteta are two recent that spring to mind, both are rightly loved and revered here for what they contributed to the club.

Ive lived in Glasgow and Belfast, these days it only really matters on match days and even then your still meeting the Rangers lads for pints after. I was at a Celtic CL game a while back ago and got feathered in a Rangers pub with my mates before - was brilliant, all the Celtic pubs were black and i was playing pool with the Rangers lads in a mostly half empty pub before strolling up to Parkhead.

Threads like this are reductive to be honest, its not really an accurate reflection of modern culture on the ground, its jumping to extremes, is anyone who ever critiqued Seams Coleman a member of the Orange Order....

Not a personal comment by the way mate, just a general observation, find this thread massively naive and sad given all the progress made in the cultures and traditions, its very reflective of a far away stereotypical views that have largely apart from a few loons, have thankfully passed.
I think it's when you see some posters spitting constant bile at him whilst at the same time praising even worse players than him like Michael Keane that you start to see something is amiss

I think it's when you see some posters spitting constant bile at him whilst at the same time praising even worse players than him like Michael Keane that you start to see something is amiss

But it jumps to accusations of bigotry very quickly mate, take Dom, say he and Nathan are both Protestants and i criticise, both on the same day - in one thread loads of lads will agree with me without Religion coming into it for Dom, on another people will be polarized by Religion, nationality, culture, tradition and presume Bigotry or project a very stereotypical assumptive view.

I might have a profound hatred for people from Sheffield! lol

In truth people are het up about things they dont know - what if Seamus is a presbyterian and its dream to finish his career at Rangers (how lovely would it be to have an Irish captain play for Rangers) and Nathan goes onto play for Celtic - i really dont know or care what religion either is - everyone is presuming to know when they dont - so the whole basis of the accusations in this thread and the inevitable ground zero presumption of bigotry is irrelevant.

Its massively reductive and sad to be honest and given the whole atmosphere i think people just steer clear of this thread - its not great for the forum - or community.

Last edited: