2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Maybe people are biased because they just like Celtic, its akin to Benitiez coming here, most just couldn't tolerate it and naturally have that bias. Im not sure its bigotry or the like, how do people know what religion Nathan is, he may be Catholic or a scientologist for all we know, truth is no one knows or should care.

We've had loads of excellent players from Rangers over the years, big Dunc and Arteta are two recent that spring to mind, both are rightly loved and revered here for what they contributed to the club. Nathan if or when he does it will be the same, but hes no there yet.

Ive lived in Glasgow and Belfast, these days it only really matters on match days and even then your still meeting the Rangers lads for pints after. I was at a Celtic CL game a while back ago and got feathered in a Rangers pub with my mates before - was brilliant, all the Celtic pubs were black and i was playing pool with the Rangers lads in a mostly half empty pub before strolling up to Parkhead.

Threads like this are reductive to be honest, its not really an accurate reflection of modern culture on the ground, its jumping to extremes, is anyone who ever critiqued Seams Coleman a member of the Orange Order....

Not a personal comment by the way mate, just a general observation, find this thread massively naive and sad given all the progress made in the cultures and traditions, its very reflective of far away, non lived, stereotypical views of both cultures and traditions, that have largely apart from a few loons, have thankfully passed.
I have zero issue with wherever someone comes from. Like I say, I dislike some clubs but don’t hold that against a player.

That’s why I asked them why they find the fact he played for rangers annoying. I haven’t accused anyone of bigotry in here and if there was, I’d just report it.

We are Everton fans, I can understand not wanting a Liverpool legend here. But a player from another team in another country? I don’t get it.

But it jumps to accusations of bigotry very quickly mate, take Dom, say he and Nathan are both Protestants and i criticise, both on the same day - in one thread loads of lads will agree with me without Religion coming into it for Dom, on another people will be polarized by Religion, nationality, culture, tradition and presume Bigotry or project a very stereotypical assumptive view.

I might have a profound hatred for people from Sheffield! lol

In truth people are het up about things they dont know - what if Seamus is a presbyterian and its dream to finish his career at Rangers (how lovely would it be to have an Irish captain play for Rangers) and Nathan goes onto play for Celtic - i really dont know or care what religion either is - everyone is presuming to know when they dont - so the whole basis of the accusations in this thread and the inevitable ground zero presumption of bigotry is irrelevant.

Its massively reductive and sad to be honest and given the whole atmosphere i think people just steer clear of this thread - its not great for the forum - or community.
I don't think anyone is accusing you personally mate.

But it jumps to accusations of bigotry very quickly mate, take Dom, say he and Nathan are both Protestants and i criticise, both on the same day - in one thread loads of lads will agree with me without Religion coming into it for Dom, on another people will be polarized by Religion, nationality, culture, tradition and presume Bigotry or project a very stereotypical assumptive view.

I might have a profound hatred for people from Sheffield! lol

In truth people are het up about things they dont know - what if Seamus is a presbyterian and its dream to finish his career at Rangers (how lovely would it be to have an Irish captain play for Rangers) and Nathan goes onto play for Celtic - i really dont know or care what religion either is - everyone is presuming to know when they dont - so the whole basis of the accusations in this thread and the inevitable ground zero presumption of bigotry is irrelevant.

Its massively reductive and sad to be honest and given the whole atmosphere i think people just steer clear of this thread - its not great for the forum - or community.

1707827998209.png

I saw these posts and reactions in the Scottish football thread a while ago

You're perhaps right in that no one can accuse another person of bigotry over what has been said here but there's most probably a lot of outside influence in terms of other teams that are supported etc

Maybe people are biased because they just like Celtic, its akin to Benitiez coming here, most just couldn't tolerate it and naturally have that bias. Im not sure its bigotry or the like, how do people know what religion Nathan is, he may be Catholic or a scientologist for all we know, truth is no one knows or should care.

We've had loads of excellent players from Rangers over the years, big Dunc and Arteta are two recent that spring to mind, both are rightly loved and revered here for what they contributed to the club. Nathan if or when he does it will be the same, but hes no there yet.

Ive lived in Glasgow and Belfast, these days it only really matters on match days and even then your still meeting the Rangers lads for pints after. I was at a Celtic CL game a while back ago and got feathered in a Rangers pub with my mates before - was brilliant, all the Celtic pubs were black and i was playing pool with the Rangers lads in a mostly half empty pub before strolling up to Parkhead.

Threads like this are reductive to be honest, its not really an accurate reflection of modern culture on the ground, its jumping to extremes, is anyone who ever critiqued Seams Coleman a member of the Orange Order....

Not a personal comment by the way mate, just a general observation, find this thread massively naive and sad given all the progress made in the cultures and traditions, its very reflective of far away, non lived, stereotypical views of both cultures and traditions, that have largely apart from a few loons, have thankfully passed.
With respect mate, it's nothing like it. We support Everton.

View attachment 245794

I saw these posts and reactions in the Scottish football thread a while ago

You're perhaps right in that no one can accuse another person of bigotry over what has been said here but there's most probably a lot of outside influence in terms of other teams that are supported etc

What on earth are you doing? You're literally bringing in threads from a wider Scottish football discussion that has nothing to do with Nathan or his previous club.

Back to the topic in hand with games now more pressured for points the argument Dyche sticks with an older head is possibly truer than ever. Will be interesting to see if Nathan gets enough minutes now til the end of the season to not justify going out on loan. Fingers crossed the lad just needs game time.

What on earth are you doing? You're literally bringing in threads from a wider Scottish football discussion that has nothing to do with Nathan or his previous club.

Back to the topic in hand with games now more pressured for points the argument Dyche sticks with an older head is possibly truer than ever. Will be interesting to see if Nathan gets enough minutes now til the end of the season to not justify going out on loan. Fingers crossed the lad just needs game time.

We have 2 right backs who have been injured for large parts of the season and in the last 2 weeks have started playing a centre half there.

With options that scarce he was never going on loan 🥴

We have 2 right backs who have been injured for large parts of the season and in the last 2 weeks have started playing a centre half there.

With options that scarce he was never going on loan 🥴

Yeah, that's the only justification needed. I don't care if he plays a minute between now and the end of the season, we need depth.

Making sure everyone on here knows where you're coming from

Then it was probably obvious enough anway

You're funny and I'm sure your heart is in the right place. Ultimately we all want the best for Nathan - both in a personal sense good lad etc but also as an important asset for a cash strapped club.
Have a day off with the lies. You don’t like him, everyone knows it, you don’t have to comment in his thread every time you log in.

Last edited:
Very surprised he didn't get a run out last night - at least to come on as sub for Godfrey when we went behind. Thinking he must be carrying an injury or maybe has had a row but then surely he wouldn't even be on the bench. Very strange. To be clear I don't rate him ahead of Coleman but I do think he has more to offer going forward than Godfrey which was key once we were behind